cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading plan, another full month charge 4 days after renewal?

Praire_Son
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I want to upgrade my plan to the offered $55.00/month for 20gb at 4g speeds, but when i go to do so, it wants to charge me another full month charge, even though the plana nd charge just went through 4 days ago for $50.00

what should i do? I selected prior to this months end for the upgrade, i simply just noticed now it didn't automatically adjust. 

thanks for your help!

7 REPLIES 7

mdesswein
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Interestingly I had opened up the ticket the day before Leonardo's arbitrary two week deadline,  but I hadn't supplied my four digit security pin in my request so he held onto it for a day.

mdesswein
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I upgraded my plan to accept a promotion approximately one month ago I selected to change on my next renewal date,  and the online system verified that status, and then at my renewal date the promotion didn't take effect and I still have my old plan.  I used allmost my data in approximately two weeks because I was expecting three times more data. I made a ticket and Public Mobile agent Leonardo explained that he would have upgraded my plan to the promotion if I had noticed that it failed to upgrade within two weeks,  and so now it had been exactly two weeks so he explained how because of that I needed proof,  because apparently he didn't have authority or knowledge how to make fair business judgements. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Praire_Son 

If you scheduled a change plan on next renewal and it did not occur it is possible that you are seeing the old cached version of your self-serve account and not seeing the updated version which may have you on your new plan.

Clear your browser and use secret/incognito mode and login again and see if you are still on the same plan. You may also need to change browsers. If you are on the same plan and you did schedule the change plan on next renewal and it did not occur contact customer support to look into it as they may be able to see that you did schedule it but it did not occur. Maybe.

Or if you took a screenshot showing you did schedule it you could then appeal to them to change your plan to the new plan after you add the necessary funds to the account to cover the difference in plan cost or get customer support to do that since it's kind of hard to add funds less than your plan amount with the way it's set up now.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Praire_Son 

use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,or safari on private mode,To Login Page

and go to Plan & Add-ons, and scroll the plans using the down and up arrows on the far right. select the plan you want, and select ‘Change plan now’ then you pay full price plan, or ‘Change plan on renewal date’..to you not losing any money..

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Praire_Son - if you were on a lower priced plan, then I recall there is an issue with changing plans to a higher priced one, if you are on Autopay. In other words, to get around this, you will need to add enough funds to cover the cost of your plan before it renews.

Now, I don't know if this is still the case; and it really should not be this way. Even though there is no prorating here, I think there is an argument if you explain this to CSA. 

See what they say about this glitch (if this is what happened to you).

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Praire_Son 

All you need to do is to login to your account and change your 3G plan to 4G plans. There is a dropdown menu for the Student promo:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Student-Plan-20GB-for-55/td-p/862314 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Praire_Son Yes, since PM is a prepaid service, you will have to pay the full amount if you want to change the plan now. However, you should select Change on Next renewal to let it change automatically during your next renewal. You won't lose the pending change even if promo is over, so be sure to schedule it now. 

Need Help? Let's chat.