cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating us with Service outage or system outage?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Would like to make a command with today issue.

Couple of us already talked about what could PM do today.   I think it's not bad to start a new thread and say what we like and dislike about how PM handles today situation.

I suggested there should be a BIG RED bar on top and let us know about the system outage.

Honest, I don't think there was any official words on the outage other than I saw @J_PM ' response on a thread about issue was finally resolved.

Even Telus tweeted about the issue, was it that hard for Telus to advise PM management to provide us status update on the issue from the beginning?

I recalled a month ago, there was the post :

[ISSUE RESOLVED] - Credit Card Transaction Issues - Community (publicmobile.ca)

I thought that was the point PM will start letting us in the Community know what system issue or system outage currently experiencing.  Sadly, I think that was the only post since.  Maybe there was only one "major" issue since???  (Remember last week so many people comes here and told us they don't receive incoming calls?  That lasted for at least 3 days.  As issue, issues was quietly resolved and no one knows what happened)

Today issue is a big enough issue that made the headlines everywhere today.  With such a magnitude, it's still not big enough for PM to admit something wrong and provide official words?

I hope PM understands the Community is NOT just a place for people to ask questions and got the answer.  It should also be a place for PM to connect to it's subscribers.    Don't keep us in the dark.  I rather get the latest PM news in the Community than from the local news source.

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I think this was the first thread noticing it. mimmo pretty much confirmed it.

It wasn't really a text. It was really from the phone. A warning kind of notification appeared. Both my SIM's got it but it came and went on one and then I saw it on the other.

Edit: I had a bit of a rant later on similar to this thread.

@softech 

You would think pm would at least address service outages affecting it's customers in its community especially since its primary focus is helping other customers with their issues. Not having service because of an outage makes the community the first place service issues will come up. Simply addressing it and asking customers to hold tight while telus fixes the problem would gonna long way in reassuring customers.

Out of 5 accounts in the household none of them appeared to have an issue today nor received any messages indicating an issue with data. Was this this in certain areas only in BC and Alberta?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Good idea!  In the time that I have been with this service, I have not seen service outages covered in the community.  The community is more about customers helping customers.  Apart from primarily marketing focused announcements, all the posting is done by customers.  

Need Help? Let's chat.