cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Network Coverage on Any Calls

taraki
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I am using Sailfish OS on my phone. I am pretty sure that I set up the SIM Card fine and everything, but I cannot make calls. I get the message: No Network Coverage. I can only receive calls, receive texts, and send texts. If anyone knows the fix or has had this issue before, I would appreciate any help, thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

taraki

I have an alternate international phone, and also a phone that does not function. I could see if they are able to use the SIM Card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@taraki 

do you have another device to test your SIM card to you know the issue from your phone or the network !

taraki

My phone is a Sony Xperia, and I loaded Sailfish OS on it myself. I did not try the SIM Card when the phone had Android on it.

taraki

Yes, I am in an urban area, I should be covered.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@taraki what kind of phone do you have?? did you load the Sailfish OS on it yourself?? or it  came with it?  

was this same phone ever works on PM , maybe on another OS?  you have an interesting issue.. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@taraki 

Did you your PM coverage in your area?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/coverage 

If it looks good, just follow @Anonymous @instructions by powering off the phone and wait a few minutes then power back on.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@taraki wrote:

Hello, I am using Sailfish OS on my phone. I am pretty sure that I set up the SIM Card fine and everything, but I cannot make calls. I get the message: No Network Coverage. I can only receive calls, receive texts, and send texts. If anyone knows the fix or has had this issue before, I would appreciate any help, thanks.

Hello @taraki 

Network issues can usually be helped by:

• rebooting your phone
  • toggling into airplane mode, than back to regular mode
  • reset of network settings
  • changing locations incase you are in an area of a weak signal

Can you try your SIM into another phone to rule out either a phone or account provisioning issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@taraki 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

How to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  HERE 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click HERE 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  HERE 

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click HERE

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting HERE.

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and if still not fix it please you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Service by CS_Agent. Click Here to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Service by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.