cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated plan from 1g to 1.5g, account still shows 1g and doesn't reset data used

Lemoguy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As the title says, I noticed a few months ago that I was paying more than a cheaper plan but for 500mb less data, so I requested to switch and they completed it for me. On my plan for the past 2 months it has shown 1024mb + 500mb data at 3g which is what I have agreed to and am paying for. However, the past 2 months I've checked my data usage and it has been stuck at 907.45mb used out of the total 1gb from my previous plan. I waited for the monthly reset assuming it was a bug, but nothing has changed. New month, no updated plan to 1.5gb and no data usage reset. I don't want to use my data as I am worried I'll go over due to the bug and get charged. This is extremely annoying to deal with. 

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Lemoguy 

Check your private messages from customer support. If you have a message from a CSA that says you will get an additional 500 MB then ask for your additional 500 MB that's what they promised. But you have to find the message to prove it.

Why don't you set your data warning and your data limiter in your phone and make sure you have the correct 30-day cycle set in the calendar dates. Personally I like to set my warning at 25% of my plan data and my limiter at 50% and I reset those settings if I reach those preset amounts.

Lemoguy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

Yes now I am on the $25 plan. It is strange however that I spoke with someone and updated my plan, and they said I would be able to have 1gb + 500mb after autopay. I do understand now that the extra 500mb is for everyone, but they specifically said that I'd have a total of 1.5gb now so I'm slightly confused... on top of that, no amount of refreshing or private mode checking resets my monthly data usage. Hopefully this answers everyone's questions, and thanks for the help!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lemoguy  are you on $25 PLAN??

on the old portal, the plans are listed as 500Mb + 500mb with Autopay enabled (so, only 500Mb without Autopay)

On the new My Account portal,  and  the current plan details in PM website,  they have removed the requirement for autopay to get the 500Mb bonus and simply add the 500Mb the plan.  So, new $25 has 1GB WITH OR WITHOUT AUTOPAY ENABLED.   Maybe you got mixed up with that?..

@darlicious wrote:

@Lemoguy 

There are no overages, extra billing or fees at public mobile. If you reach your data limit it will just stop working.

How much are you paying for this plan of yours?

That's the standard $25/1GB plan.  The plan never included 1.5GB, but for some time after the Self Serve updates, the website showed erroneous information.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Lemoguy 

There are no overages, extra billing or fees at public mobile. If you reach your data limit it will just stop working.

How much are you paying for this plan of yours?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Perhaps you need to update the data. Either click on the little spinner refresh icons lower down or use private mode.

@will13am wrote:

@Lemoguy , I don't recall there being a 1.5GB plan being offered in recent times.  

That's because there is no 1.5GB plan. There were incorrect information referenced in Self Serve about a 1.5GB plan though.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Lemoguy , I don't recall there being a 1.5GB plan being offered in recent times.  

Need Help? Let's chat.