cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreliable Email to SMS Service

mathieugouin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have been using the email to sms service for a while now with Public Mobile using: my_number@msg.telus.com

Recently, I have seen many dropped sms using this service.

Can the admins have a look at the cause of this?

I don't see any drops of my regular sms.

Thanks

Mathieu

4 REPLIES 4

mathieugouin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all and thanks for your suggestions.  Thanks @softech for the MMS emails, I was not aware.

Just to add more info to my initial question: 1 email to my sms works.  But when there are more than 1 back to back, some SMS are being dropped.  I know it sounds like spamming, but it's an outlook feature to send calendar overview and notifications over SMS...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mathieugouin 

Try all these different domains:

MMS Domain:
@mms.mb.telus.com
@mms.koodomobile.com
@mms.telusmobility.com
SMS Domain:
     @msg.telusmobility.com
@msg.telus.com
@msg.koodomobile.com

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @mathieugouin 

honest, this is never a support feature, it is there, but they won't do much if anything wrong

in fact, I think Rogers stopped that, so don't be surprise if this will go away eventually

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If this feature used to work but not anymore (reliably), it could be system issue.

I just tried and it works as expected. I did from yahoo.com mail system. Maybe your email provider has some issues or blocking some outgoing mail?

I would contact agent so they can talk to technical staff and find an answer/explanation for you.

If opening a ticket does not work very first time, contact agent directly: send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking (Ctrl+) Here

Need Help? Let's chat.