cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unregistered SIM

jyj0603
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yesterday, I tried to activate it, but still it did not work.

It says 'unregistered SIM'

I already got email from Koodo for service cancellation, but the public mobile one did not work yet.

6 REPLIES 6

"Unregistered SIM" is specifically a message used by many phones to mean that the sim card is not active.  This means that either it is from a canceleld service, or, in your case, that the Public Mobile sim card was never activated on the network/backend.  Other phoens won't say what the exact problem is and will only report "Emergency Calls Only" with such a sim card inserted (although that same message could be shown with an active sim card if the carrier's native netowrk is down).

I also know that Samsung Android phones will say "SIM Not Supported" if you insert an inactive sim card.

Either way, "unregisted sim card" should not be an indications of a phone's locked/unlocked status, but as far as I know, is an indication that the sim card doesn't have any active service attached.

As for  your Koodo account being deactivated, this would indicate that Koodo did release the phone number to Public Mobile, but that for some strange reason, Public Mobile never activated yoru service.

As stated earlier, only a moderator can fix this type of issue for you.

@krazykiwi wrote:

@jyj0603 wrote:

I already got email from Koodo for service cancellation, but the public mobile one did not work yet.

Hi,

Is your phone unlocked?

EDIT: Also check your phone against this site. https://www.devicecheck.ca/

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

@krazykiwi

If the phone worked on Koodo it works on Public Mobile even if it's locked.

@jyj0603

Was your Koodo plan active when you initiated the port? The Koodo account must be active and in good standing for a successful port and will close automatically once the port is completed.

Are you porting from Koodo Prepaid? If so you need assistance from the moderators (Which is probably the way to go at this point anyways....) - they are PM employees and can help with account issues. Please be aware that they are working on a first come, first serve basis, and will get back to you as soon a they can.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, phone number, detailed problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

jyj0603
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, but did not work.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jyj0603, are you able to go into the self serve account to see what is going on there?  In some instances where something went wrong during activation, customers were able to use the lost phone/found phone toggle to get the service going.  In any event, if the failure also affected account access, then you will need to seek moderator team assistance.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

1Dani
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

your old number must be in service to port your new sim.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@jyj0603 wrote:

Hi,

Is your phone unlocked?

EDIT: Also check your phone against this site. https://www.devicecheck.ca/

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Need Help? Let's chat.