cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Iphone

PaulR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, can someone please unlock my iPhone.

it’s iPhone 7 and the IMEI is xxxxxxxxxx

ty kindly 

11 REPLIES 11

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

If it was sold by Telus...Telus or PM will unlock it. I used to, very successfully, unlock Telus sold iPhones over Telus chat and over most other mobile companies chat option. Usually you must ask the selling company to unlock your iPhone and there are websites that will tell you who the selling carrier was.   iPhones purchased at an Apple store were sold unlocked and they will NOT unlock phones. It is to an iPhone owners best interest to have an unlocked phone to allow ease of change of mobile plans or to temporarily use a foreign SIM plan while working or vacationing in another country. A PM CSA gave me the unlock code for my ZTE box. Some people think the IMEI number is to be protected.....and maybe so....if some one can clone your IMEI number....which could happen, but us very very unlikely. 

But I do admit that I  “planned” to purchase a used phone and did unlock it, successfully, just to make sure it would fit my needs. Then I would verify the IMEI at pick up.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@PaulR 

Whether it's telus or pm you supply the customer support agent with your IMEI # and they send a request to Apple who will unlock the phone from their end.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yeah, as @hairbag1 said above your phone should work on PM.

But anyways, Telus chat is probably faster for unlocking. Won't hurt to try there while waiting for CSA reply here 👍

No need to unlock it if it's a Telus phone...they work on PM network as well.

PaulR

Public mobile said they can unlock it, it from Telus, they said call *611 if phone is before 2015 or message community board if after 2015 to have someone unlock it 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@PaulR wrote:

Hi, can someone please unlock my iPhone.

it’s iPhone 7 and the IMEI is xxxxxxxx

ty kindly 

Where did you get this phone ? Find out what network it's locked to then see if they'll unlock.

Alternative is to call applecare and see if they can help.

added...

https://getsupport.apple.com/topics

PaulR

Figured it, ty

PaulR

How? I don’t see any edit options 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

PLEASE remove IMEI from public forum !!!

Nobody here can unlock your phone. You have to contact provider you had service before and ask them to provide unlock code.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@PaulR 

Please edit your post to remove your IMEI, this is a public forum. Not critical info, but best not to reveal it regardless. 

To unlock your phone you have to contact the original carrier, use their online chat.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Contact a CSA. HERE

Need Help? Let's chat.