cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited talk not working

Idakilah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm on the $35 plan with unlimited text and talk. I have tried all the steps people have recommended apart from factory resetting my phone. I can't make any calls as I'm asked to top up as I have run out of minutes. Please help.

7 REPLIES 7

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Idakilah  -Is this a Canada Wide or Provincial calling plan? There have been some Provincial plans only offered at one point.  

These messages should not be happening on an unlimited Canada Wide plan.

If adding a '1' or restarting your phone does not help complete the call, try toggling into airplane mode, then back to regular mode, OR performing a reset of your network settings.

Perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

If you can still complete the call, even after hearing the message, then just ignore it. It should go away. I've had it off and one for about 6 weeks over a year ago, but not again since.

If after this and other suggestions you cannot complete calls, then submit a ticket with Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) to check on your account, by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

edit: missing word

@Idakilah 

Are you IN CANADA, trying to make a call to another CANADIAN number?

If so, try placing a 1 + area code before the number you are calling, and let the messaging you're hearing play out and see if the call connects afterwards.

While you're at it, ensure you are on the $35 plan by logging into self-serve to this section to see what's listed under the "My Plan" category (in the 1st pic below):

HALIMACS_1-1651529274289.png

HALIMACS_0-1651529233699.png

Idakilah

Yeah it's not an outage I checked everything before asking this question.

Idakilah

I took out the sim and wiped it and that did nothing.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If it were an outage I don't think OP would get that automated message about running out of minutes and needing to top up, haven't seen this issue on the community in a long time if ever? Seems pretty rare, hopefully just a glitch that can be rectified ASAP

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Idakilah 

There might be an Telus in your area.

Check outage map:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Idakilah   did you already try reboot your phone?

And you can receive calls without problem?

try to take the SIM out , wipe it clean and put it back.

Need Help? Let's chat.