cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US

gsrivastava
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had enrolled in an unlimited talk to canada and the us, but i keep seeing the Addon Usage Limit of  400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US). I thought Unlimited means unlimited and not a meagre 400 minutes. 🙂   Is this a problem to be rectified? Or, do i have unlimited US calling and i dont need to worry about these 400 minutes?

13 REPLIES 13

gsrivastava

I do have Unlimited US Calling. But whatever, it is what it is. 🙂

If the addon truly is being consumed while having a CANADA & US talk plan, and the calls are not to an Iternation destination, then there is something very wrong.

I will have to scroll back, but I do not recall what plan has been specified, nor do I recall a screen shot of the plan.... but I may have missed those.

Checking now.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

To add to wetcoaster's answer...it's that add-ons stay on until you use them. They roll over. They don't expire. Even though you only pay for them once.

Kinda sucks that the software can't distinguish between the add-on paid minutes and the unlimited "paid" minutes though.

I guess don't double up calling capabilities.

@gsrivastava

Still weird situation.  Once you reach 400 minutes, see what happens.  It looks like whenever you call the United States, Public Mobile is using your long distance add on minutes first.  But, you should have unlimited US calling, right?  That should be under your plan details.  Unless under your plan details, you don't have unlimited US minutes.  

gsrivastava

Interesting, i had added this addon in the 1st week of June and it keeps adding minutes to this everytime I call US.

Anyhow, thank you ALL for your wonderful help. I will report back after my next anniversary date. 🙂

@gsrivastava wrote:

I do have this listed under addons...

My Add-ons

400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)

But, i dont pay for this addon, and on the addon page all addons are currently set to Zero so i cant remove it either. Screenshots below.

plan.pngplan2.png

You still have 6 minutes left on your 400 international minutes add-on. That is why it's still there. The add-on will not auto renew when used up.

gsrivastava

I do have this listed under addons...

My Add-ons

400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)

But, i dont pay for this addon, and on the addon page all addons are currently set to Zero so i cant remove it either. Screenshots below.

plan.pngplan2.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gsrivastava wrote:

I have the following text in my plan,

My Plan
This plan includes: -
- 2GB + 500MB BONUS at 3G Speed
- Unlimited International Text
- Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US
But every time i call US, minutes get added to the addon usage. So i am not sure what is going on here.

So that's your plan. The area below that where it says My Add-ons...do you have anything in there?

@gsrivastava, can you screenshot and post the picture so we can see what you're looking at -- this doesn't make sense, which is why you're asking I'm sure! LOL

gsrivastava

I have the following text in my plan,

My Plan
This plan includes: -
- 2GB + 500MB BONUS at 3G Speed
- Unlimited International Text
- Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US
But every time i call US, minutes get added to the addon usage. So i am not sure what is going on here.

gsrivastava

Nope, i always had unlimited Canada and US calling but when i had enrolled i had also taken the International Long Distance Add-On. So maybe the system could not identify that i am no longer paying for that addon and it still reported it anyway.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@gsrivastava Check your plan details and see if it lists Unlimited talk to Canada and the US. If it does, you are covered. The add-on you see is an international long distance add-on which allows you to place a calls to 18 countries including the US. I am not sure how you got that add-on added to your account, but looks like it is there to use. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@gsrivastava, did you have a Province-Wide calling plan before, and add the addon previously, and not use it?  That would explain the 400 minutes if you added it for the 18 International countries you might want to make calls to.

If you added the Unlimited Canada & US Talk, the addon is not setup as an addon.

Need Help? Let's chat.