cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited International Texting

Southside
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I am on the $15 plan and it includes unlimited International texting. So, if I text from any other country to Canada is there a certain code or number that I have to use when I’m texting?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Now that would be a really cool idea if public mobile allowed us to use texting when on vacation in other countries.  I wouldn't mind paying for that as a roaming add-on if it was reasonably priced but we can only buy roaming when going to the US regrettably.

@Southside  Your welcome 

Southside
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Southside 

unlimited texting only includes services from Canada elsewhere.

While in the US, you can still receive texts, but you cannot send them without a roaming add on.

EDIT:  however, if you have access to data or Wi-Fi when elsewhere, you can use your device’s RCS services (such as iMessage for iPhone, and Chat for Android).

These piggyback on the SMS/messaging app, and will work when sending to others who utilize the same services.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Southside 

The unlimited international texting is only when you are in Canada.  You can text any other country while you are in Canada.  Unfortunately, PM does not offer international country roaming (except for USA, which requires purchasing US roaming package).  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Southside  That’s only for texting abroad while in Canada 

Need Help? Let's chat.