Unlimited Canada- wide

m87ie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is my plan

My Plan
This plan includes: -
—-Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
—-Unlimited International- 500MB at 3G Speed Text

HOwever when  I dial the 647 area code number in Toronto, the phone asks . for additional long distance charges . Even though the plan includes free canada wide free talk. Please rectify this problem

6 REPLIES 6

m87ie

Thank you for your help

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@m87ie, ya it's very annoying but just disregard that automated message.  I was a bit nervous at first as well, but just let the automated message say what it needs to say and then it'll dial as normal.  You won't get any type of usage charge or anything.  

Now if you were trying to dial outside of Canada (i.e. internationally) then the automated service would tell you you don't have the service and it won't let you make that call (unless you use a calling card).  So in short, don;t worry about it, make as many calls within Canada as you like Smiley LOL

I’ve listed all mobile numbers with +1 then the 10 digits, stops all the messages.

Only when I direct dial do I use 10 digit for local, vs. 1 and the 10 for long distance.

Keljai

Happened to me when I went to Niagara falls this weekend also. I just put the 1 in front and it was all good. No additional charges 

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This happens with most or all mobile providers. The network doesn't know your plan and if you've got free LD, so it warns you. Back when I didn't have free LD, it was handy driving in from out of town because I'd dial without the "1" and hang up if it warned me that "LD charges might apply". On an urgent call I think I could just wait and it would connect (and charge me LD). When I moved to a plan with free LD, I just put "1" in front of every number in the contact list, because I didn't care whether it was technically local or LD.

As NDesai said, if you're on a Canada-wide plan, just enter the "1". If not, it's always wise to let the message come up, you never know for sure if a network provider has some non-standard definition of LD.

=aw

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@m87ie Don't worry about the error. If the call does not go through, try dialing 1 in front of the number. 

Need Help? Let's chat.