cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Canada/Us talk

danygrl17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just wondering how the unlimited canada/us talk plan works.  Can call anywhere in Canada/Us from anywhere in Canada/Us? 

Home province is Ontario.  Can call and receive calls from anywhere in Canada and US?

If I'm in Florida, can call and recieve calls to and from anyone in Canada/US?

13 REPLIES 13

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@danygrl17 I am confused reading most of the responses as well

To simplify this:

Public Mobile is a national carrier

You can use your phone ANYWHERE IN CANADA regardless of plan selected

Data and TXT works in every single province

If you have a Canada/US calling plan

You can dial any Canadian or US phone number ANYWHERE IN CANADA

If you have a Canadian calling plan

You can dial any Canadian number ANYWHERE IN CANADA

If you have a Provincial calling plan

You can dial any area code while in that specific province

(Does not matter home province, this is based on where you are located)

You will only receive incoming calls while in your home province

If you add on a long distance bundle (with a Provincial calling plan) you can dial any Canadian number

You can also receive calls anywhere in Canada

If you add on the US Roaming feature then you can place/receive calls while in the USA

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Thanks @jaswest2754 good to know.

jaswest2754
@dohadotahmed in my experience in USA with no roaming the incoming texts only work for active texts that are sent well you are on a USA network it will not send stored text while your phone is off or has another SIM in it.

dohadotahmed
The unlimited ca/USA plan is you can call anytime, anywhere in Canada and USA while you are within the public mobile network.
Anywhere outside public mobile network is going to be roaming with another network say T mobile in USA.
Once you connect to another network then you need to roaming add on to use their network. Some people are reporting that incoming text is working without any roaming add on while in USA.

jaswest2754
The way you describes it is the way it works. Unlimited Can/Usa means you can make calls to usa and Canada while on PM network which is only in Canada. To recieve and send calls in USA you need to have a roaming add-on because you will not be on PM network.

danygrl17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So,  the Canada wide only plan means I can receive and make calls from anywhere in Canada to anywhere in Canada?  Cannot receive calls or make calls to US on this plan without add on?

What does the Canada wide/US plan mean?  Can make calls to US from Canada, and receive calls from US while I'm in Canada?  But if physically in US, have to have add ons to make and receive calls?

TK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@jaswest2754

Ops, sorry, can/us option is new, I was not in this community for a while.

Vickel
Only applies to calls originating in Canada

jaswest2754
@TK unless I'm confused about what you mean PM has three option for calling when purchasing a plan.
1. unlimited province wide
2. Unlimited Canada
3. Unlimited Can/usa

TK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@danygrl17

-PM does not offer unlimited US, only unlimited Canada, or unlimited province wide.

-To call US, you need to buy long distance add-ons

-If your travel to US, you need to buy roaming add-ons

jaswest2754
The US and Canada calling option you chose for plans work for Us and Canada calling on PM network only meaning to accept calls on an American network you would need the roaming add on.

pulp74

Check out this link. It will answer some of your questions. Good luck. 

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Province-wide-Canada-wide-and-Long-Dist...

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Applies ONLY to calls originating in Canada, or being received in Canada.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.