cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I close my PM account?

yiatioxi-ok
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My PM account has $0 balance and I have tried to port  it's number to an other account but it won't work. On my account page I can not find how to close account.  Is there a procedure that I must follow?

7 REPLIES 7

bill9554
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you.  Learn something new every day.  

@bill9554, port, short for 'porting out' means transfer your phone number.

In this thread, someone has asked how to cancel their service on Public Mobile.  If you're on AutoPay, need to ensure you remove credit card/debit card info first - and signup somewhere before your plan goes into suspended/expired status to 'port out' your phone number.

If someone just wishes to cancel, and leave the phone number... all they need to do is remove the credit/debit card info and walk away.

bill9554
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What does "port out" mean?

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Port out or suspend the service for 3 months then it will terminate after 3 months I believe.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you don’t want your number, do nothing.  Well disable autopay

if you want to keep your number, activate the account and port it out

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you tried to port your number but it didn't work, I'm guessing that your plan expired.  As previously stated, in order to port your number, your account must be active.

If you are trying to keep your number, you should reactivate your PM plan so that it is active and the number can be ported.  I would recommend changing to the $10/30day plan, since it is the cheapest.  You will need to contact the Moderator Team to do this (unless you were on this plan before).

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@yiatioxi-ok

If you want you PM number, you can port your number out to cancel.  But you number must be active to port out.

If you don't want your number, you can disable autopay and delete your credit card from your account.  Your account will be suspended on your next renewal date.  3 months after suspension , your account will be canceled.

Need Help? Let's chat.