Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unidentified call

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Who called me?xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

8 REPLIES 8

I have removed the phone number from this message thread. Unless there are multiple reports of calls from this same number, this is more likely just someone dialing the wrong number.  I can't say for sure if that's the case, but if I accidently misdialed a phone number, which I have certainly done before, I wouldn't want someone posting my number on a message board.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thank you all for quick answers!

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@yanzhiqiang wrote:

Who called me?xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Block the number.

Just keep blocking. Eventually you will get it under control.

Keep in mind you may be blocking legitimate numbers as these callers “may” use legitimate numbers. It is called “Spoofing” which consists of altering the caller ID to show a different numberthan the one actually being used for making the telephone call. This is frequently done to mislead the person receiving the telephone call into believing that the call is either local, or from a trusted organization.

So before you block check your contact list to make sure you are not  blocking a number you would expect a call from. Also Google 800Notes and can confirm, sometimes, if it is a call that you absolutely don’t want. I have had a call from my own number. They spoof a number that is in your calling area to make you feel more confident to answer. 

I don’t recommend registering with a DO NOT CALL LIST. It puts your number on a list that callers CAN call you. SEE HERE

THE BEST WAY TO CONTROL SCAM/SPAM CALLS IS TO CONTROL THE SITUATION YOURSELF.

Also....be very suspect of a SCAM call if your caller ID only shows a number and no name. The name often comes from YOUR contact list on your device.

Keep your contact lists up to date AND block, block and block some more!!

?Changing your number is not a good idea if it was previously used. ?

I too would also suggest to use the DO NOT DISTURB settings on your phone as well and make sure you set what options work best for you. If iPhone SEE HERE. 

LurganIeUk_0-1587144062600.png

Also SEE HERE for more information on blocking calls on both Android and iOS devices.

rhbcc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My motto for answering incoming calls are:

1) if its not in your contacts - dont answer

2) if youre not expecting a call from anyone - dont answer

sometimes though its someone important, so I suggest answering the call but wait until the person on the other line is a voice of an actual human being. (a tip from a friend whos a Manager from a telco company)

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@yanzhiqiang wrote:

Who called me?xxxxxxxxxxxx

IMO...Unless you recognize the number...my recommendation is to just ignore it...don't call it back in case it's bogus. They can leave a message if it's important.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

K I looked it up for you

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Type: Non-Fixed VoIP

(e.g. Skype or Google Voice)

Original carrier: Mpower Communications Corp - Ca

Spam/Fraud Potential: Low Risk

Most likely missdial

If you think it may be your relative or a friend you can call it for free through textnow

If it's Google voice they are probably not in Pasadena, Google voice will offer you only few area codes to choose from most likely not in your neighborhood

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

It may be missdial

It may be spam

If they didn't leave a message and if you don't want to call back you will probably never know

Unless they call again and you answer

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@yanzhiqiang know anyone in Pasadena? 

Need Help? Let's chat.