cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unblock my public mobile phone

Public
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan expired 2 years ago and I want to use the phone on another provider that I have an account with since I lost my phone with them. Thay ask me to call public mobile to unlock the phone so I can use it now with my current provider...but there are no customer service representative in public mobile. How do I proceed then to unblocking the public mobile phone? 

8 REPLIES 8

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@Public, All Providers Block most of there Phones and Telus is the Cheapest out of everyone else and all other Providers Charge $50+ and now having said that the Phone you had even if it was unblocked it was only compatible on the old Public Mobile Network and they were the only ones with that Network.

That's what I was trying to say. When @Public mentioned of being w. PM 2 years ago, and

Trying to use handset, already figured out @Public was referring to an legacy phone.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Moot point regardless as your phone won't be compatible with any carrier.

DK
Most carriers charge to unlock the device. If the phone is paid off it should be a free service.

Unfortunately, That phone Won't work, CDMA, and PCS G Band, no carrier uses that, PM did, but Network is Shutdown now, since Aug of Last year

Public
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The public mobile phone is the flip phone Unimax. I just want to use it so I won't buy any phone. Why? do they charge to unblock the phone? Thanks for the reply.

If Your Phone is one of the Legacy CDMA Phones, Impossible. PM's Older CDMA phones used PCS G Band, and no other carrier used it. And more importantly, CDMA is mainly phased out, not many carriers around the planet use CDMA now

DK

What kind of phone is it? Sometimes it is cheaper just to use eBay. For example Telus charges $35 which is the cheapest of the big three and there subsidiaries but for a Samsung phone it will usually set you back about $15-$20 for the unlock on eBay.

Where as if it is an iPhone it is cheaper to unlock the the provider/carrier.

Let us know what model it is and can point you in the right direction.

Cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.