cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send sms with esim

Yvanovitch
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi!

Just got an unlocked IPhone 13 and switched to PM with the 5G plan. Everything works fine except I cannot send SMS. I do receive SMS however and of course MMS. Each time I try, I get a message that it was not sent. Can someone get me thru this please? 

9 REPLIES 9

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

EDIT: Nevermind. LOL 

In the time it took to find the French Oracles name...  the problem was resolved. 🙂

Yvanovitch

Problem solved. Thanks to Christopher at PM customers support, he applied a credit so I could purchase a new ESIM. Installation was flawless.

Yvanovitch

Thanks for the reply. I just talked to an Apple support agent and I gonna have to go an Apple Store to see why it is not there. Will keep you posted.

@Yvanovitch   So if you go to iMessage in settings and scroll down past Send and Receive, Text Forwarding etc. you don't eventually see a toggle for Send as SMS, and then one for MMS Messaging?  They should be there on iPhone 13.  If not you probably need to contact Apple support.  You need to have the phone number in Send and Receive under Start New Conversations From in order to be able to send as SMS or MMS.  Isn't the phone number checked in You Can Receive Messages To and Reply From either, since you a receiving them?

Yvanovitch

In the IMessage settings, the phone # does not appear. I don’t have the MMS $ SMS submenus to select from. If I press long on a message, I have no options on the mean of export (MMS or SMS). IPhone purchased at Reebelo and unlocked. Latest IOS installed. Is there something missing?

Yvanovitch

Only the MMS settings are there in the menu and working properly. The IPhone was purchased at Reebelo and is unlocked with no restrictions from PM. Is there something that I am missing here? I also installed the latest IOs.

Yvanovitch

Hi! I don’t have that option in the settings menu. It’s in French though but there is no such thing on my IPhone.

IMG_9721.png

IMG_9722.png

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Yvanovitch   Check Send and Receive in iMessage settings to make sure your phone number is checked.  You also need to have SMS and MMS enabled in the settings and mobile data must be on (not wifi) for MMS.  If you long press on a message does it then give you the option to send as SMS?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I'll be honest @Yvanovitch, I'm not an eSIM guy so hopefully this MAY help?? Go into your network settings and turn off automatic. Then pick Public Mobile and then reboot. Let me know if that works. It sounds stupid but worked for my buddy.

Need Help? Let's chat.