cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send/receive texts after activation

ravennickel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated my SIM card last night. I did not receive any SMS message confirming the activation but my previous SIM card lost service. When I put in my Public Mobile SIM, it says there is service but I am unable to send / receive calls and texts. Wondering if I made a mistake in the activation process? Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

@softech 

It could be. I have noticed couple of weeks ago. A friend said their Shaw service was out for 4 hours overnight.

@BKNS27 wrote:

The same thing happened to a friend of mine on the weekend!

They said there was an issue with Telus porting system at their end.

It has been quite some activation issues since the outage last weeks.. i wonder if that was related.

Plus.. CS Agent has not been working fast.  I sent them a message on Sun.. they don't reply until this morning... I can't even use long weekend as an excuse.. cos they should have replied yesterday if it is just long weekend short-staffed.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

The same thing happened to a friend of mine on the weekend!

They said there was an issue with Telus porting system at their end.

@ravennickel 

I am going to guess that you did port in since you said the old SIM stopped working which makes it sound like you did reply YES before it stopped working. That leaves what amounts to an incomplete activation and a SIM card not properly provisioned.

Which needs a CSA to fix the issue.....follow @BKNS27 's advice but put Urgent incomplete

acvtivation in the subject line and cross your fingers for a reply today.....

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ravennickel 

Did you get a SMS text from your old carrier with the old SIM in the phone confirming with YES you are porting to PM?

You will need to contact a PM Customer Service Agent (CSAgent) by clicking on the SIMon chat button and Create a Ticket. The CSAgent will need all the previous carrier info and your PM SIM number.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ravennickel   can you make outgoing calls?  

is data working?

can you receive incoming calls?

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@ravennickel wrote:

I just activated my SIM card last night. I did not receive any SMS message confirming the activation but my previous SIM card lost service. When I put in my Public Mobile SIM, it says there is service but I am unable to send / receive calls and texts. Wondering if I made a mistake in the activation process? Thanks!

Did you port a number from previous carrier?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ravennickel 

Did you activate a new phone number?  Port over from carrier?

Was your credit card charged?

Which model phone?

Are you able to access your self service account?

Basic troubleshooting advice:

Maybe try rebooting your phone.  Network reset of phone. 

Need Help? Let's chat.