cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send or receive calls on mobile iphone for two days

Kenzo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a Public Mobile customer. I have been unable to send or receive calls on my mobile iphone for two days. All my apps work fine and I can send and receive texts. My wife and I share and account. She also has an iphone. She can send and receive calls on her phone. without a problem.

I need a Public Mobile tec person to speak with. I read that Telus is winding down Public Mobile. Does my problem have anything to do with this?

5 REPLIES 5

@Kenzo wrote:

I read that Telus is winding down Public Mobile. Does my problem have anything to do with this?

People have been saying that for years.  Sometimes, people like to make it seem as if they know more than they really do.  Other times, people will misinterpret bits and pieces of information that are giving to them, and then pass on those misinterpretations.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kenzo wrote:

I am a Public Mobile customer. I have been unable to send or receive calls on my mobile iphone for two days. All my apps work fine and I can send and receive texts. My wife and I share and account. She also has an iphone. She can send and receive calls on her phone. without a problem.

I need a Public Mobile tec person to speak with. I read that Telus is winding down Public Mobile. Does my problem have anything to do with this?

@Kenzo so the previous responses have been pretty thorough but can I try the simplest one yet:  have you rebooted your phone recently?  If you haven't since you started having this issue, please try that now.

And no, PM is not winding down.  This misconception has come up often, partly due to online articles posted many years ago when Telus purchase the original Public Mobile and shut down the original network (they used to be independent at first, many many years ago), and partly from unscrupulous/misinformed Koodo and Telus reps that use this as a fear motivator to get you to move up the brand chain and pad their monthly sales numbers.  

In summary....

TwainDeath.png

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Kenzo wrote:

Can you check if you are not on airplane mode or if your little button up left on your screen is not OFF?

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

could you clarify what you mean when you say you and your wife share an account? do you mean you have tried putting your sim in her phone?

So calls are not working, is texting or data working for you?

Is it possible you need an IOS update on your phone?

Can you check your PM account and see what your plan says, is it still in service? do you have limited minutes on your plan or unlimited?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kenzo wrote:

1. There's no account sharing here.

2. The only way to communicate with a "tec person" is with the moderators here.

3. Rumours. What credible source do you have that claims that Telus is winding this place down. Corporate documents? Internal emails?

4. Not likely.

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Need Help? Let's chat.