cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to select a region for a phone number.

KarenGraeme
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to sign up for an account but the drop down menu for selecting region for a phone number is blank.  I have asked the robot and it was not helpful.  I tried reading similar issues on the forum and was told to clear my browser history.  I figured out how to do that but still have the same problem.  I had an option of asking the technical team but need to add a thread... I have no idea what this means or how to do it.

10 REPLIES 10

@KarenGraeme 

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  Moderators take 1-2 days to respond typically.  

Did you try on a different computer (ie. away from work)?  Maybe your work computer system is preventing the proper display of the PM website.  If possible, go to a family or friend's place and use their computer to try to activate.  

Or another option is to go to one of the stores (like Walmart, Mobile shop at Superstore) to ask them to help activate.  The reps don't mind since they get a commission.  

KarenGraeme

I tried again the next day and I tried reaching out to a moderator for help.  I am still not getting anywhere.  I think I made a big mistake in wasting money on a phone card for public mobile.  If even getting signed up with this company is such a headache I think I should just cut my losses, and cut my stress, and look elsewhere.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @KarenGraeme 

You can also find a store close to you that may help you do this

Dont forget your referral, store employees don't often remind you

But dont worry if you forget you can still resolve that later with moderators

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@KarenGraeme wrote:

I learned how to go incognito and tried again.  It still did not work.  Thanks anyways.

Do you know what browser you are using?  

According to Public Mobile self service works best  on latest versions of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer 10 and above. For the best experience, enable cookies and JavaScript on your browser.

@KarenGraeme  if your computer has chrome browser and turn on incognito mode,  they say that's one of the best browsers to use!  Like they said you might have to wait an hour to try again 

@KarenGraeme hi the system is very finicky so you try again in an hour if that doesn't work then reach out to a moderator for help here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

KarenGraeme

I learned how to go incognito and tried again.  It still did not work.  Thanks anyways.

KarenGraeme

I only have the one browser at work (no internet at home).  I have no idea what incognito mode is but did find an online tutorial on how to clear a browsers history and did that, but it is still not working.  I suppose I can search incognito mode for more information and teach myself that and try again.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also clear your cache and cookies then reboot.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@KarenGraemePublic Mobile's website is very sensitive to things like add on blockers.. so make sure you have disable them too if you have one installed.

Just curious what region are you trying to get a number from?

Need Help? Let's chat.