cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to renew my plan now

J0HN
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I filled up account with 50 dollars and tried to renew my plan now because I ran out data. But when I confirm the renewal nothing happens. I get taken back to the main page and the money is still there. Anyone know why? I've done it many times before.

10 REPLIES 10

Oh yes thats true! A scheduled plan change to the “other $50 plan done right now (While the Canada Wide version is still on the list) and it is problem solved EXCEPT he will have Provincial Only calling until then though any Voice Long Distance Add-on will cover that. If the OP does plan changes to solve data shortages very often it will be very soon that he is on Provincial Calling OR Paying $5 a month more though. Might be worth looking closer at the $15/1Gb add-on as a solution in the future.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector 

In theory there is no reason the OP cannot schedule it to change on next renewal.

That is probably the bottom line though he says he has done it many times in the past which has never been possible unless switching to a different plan in order to renew early. Or through a Moderator of course. But that is likely what happened seeing the “other” version of the $50 plan sitting there. For the life of me I can’t understand why they don't change it so people can renew early on their current plan when they have run out of data. Any other plan can be accessed for early renewal, it cant be difficult to add the current plan to the list of options.

Meanwhile.... if we knew what the last day was to select current Canada Wide plans at the old price the OP might be able to simply continue “Circling” on the Provincial plan to Burn Off Data before making an Emergency last minute Landing on top of the $50 Canada Wide Plan before it is too late.

AE_Collector 

@AE_Collector 

I think the OP didnt undertand he couldn't renew the same plan so tried the other option and met success without understanding the consequences of his actions.

I am assuming that @J0HN means he selected the correct “Canada Wide Calling” $50 plan, then hit the Change Plan “NOW” button and was moved to the Provincial Calling $50 plan. If so indeed that may be a bug assuming that the two versions of the plans are still visible in the plans list (I haven't checked recently) and that he DID select the correct (Canada Calling) one. If so, off to the moderators I would say.

AE_Collector

@J0HN 

You have switched to the plan that has provincial calling only you will need an add on to call out of province. The plan you were on included canada wide calling and will be rising to $55 in the very near future. Had you stayed on it the price would have remained $50. This is not a bug which is why I directed you to contact the moderators to change your plan for you.

@J0HN 

If you already switched OUT of a Canada-wide calling plan - - would recommend contacting the moderators to get switched back into it. (like @darlicious recently provided)

In doing so, make it clear that you do not wish to pay another renewal amount to make that change.  Explain to them that you intended to renew early and stay on the current plan.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

J0HN
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So looks like there's a bug, I couldn't switch to the new  "$50 for unlimited Canada-wide/U.S. minutes + 8GB data" plan when I click switch plan now but I got in the provincial wide calling plan, both are 50 dollars.   Not sure if this is intentional. 

@J0HN 

Are you trying to renew the same plan early? Only the moderators can do this. Submit a ticket via the chat bubble icon at the bottom right corner of your screen and the moderators should be in touch to perform the change in the next couple of hours.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@J0HN 

Wait an hour, clear cache and cookies, open incognito page.

Try again.

Is it possible you may have selected to "change on next renewal date"?   If so, "cancel scheduled plan change" and select "change plan now" instead.

HALIMACS_0-1614346851071.png

Alternatively, you could purchase a data add-on.   Depends on how close you are to your next scheduled renewal and how badly you need the data.

Need Help? Let's chat.