cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make or receive calls

firebolt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I saw few discussions on this but none of them solved my problem. I am getting the "long distance call" message like others...

I am on the $10 plan. I looked at my usage online by manually counting the minutes for incoming and outgoing and it is only adding upto 17 minutes and not 50 which I am allowed. 

It stopped on Dec 26 2018. I was usign the phone without issues from Oct 2018.

What could be the problem? Appreciate if anyone could provide their inputs or if anybody else is facing the same issue?

3 REPLIES 3

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Are you letting the message play through, so that it can attempt completion?  Are you dialing a 1 in front of the number?  Not all calls in the same area code are local, and are considered long distance.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@firebolt wrote:

I saw few discussions on this but none of them solved my problem. I am getting the "long distance call" message like others...

I am on the $10 plan. I looked at my usage online by manually counting the minutes for incoming and outgoing and it is only adding upto 17 minutes and not 50 which I am allowed. 

What could be the problem? Appreciate if anyone could provide their inputs or if anybody else is facing the same issue?

Do you see your usage listed as xx/50minutes in your self serve account overview page as well as under the plan and add-on tab?

If the according line has disappeared you have used all your minutes. Keep in mind that minutes are rounded up and that calls to voice mail and call forwarding count towards your 50minute allotment.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Plan-updates-new-10-limited-talk-and-te...

You can get one of the long distance add-ons to tide you over until your renewal date. The 200 or 400 minutes are yours until used up, ie they don't expire at the end of your 30 days / at renewal, whereas the 50minutes included.

There are no add-ons for the text portion of the plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@firebolt wrote:

Calls are counted up to the next minute. 2:02 would count as 3 minutes.

Does your service say it's active?

Down in the lower add-ons area, do your minutes show there?

Otherwise

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Need Help? Let's chat.