cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make or receive calls - "sorry, you need a long distance add on"

Kupow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been on public mobile since early November and I thought I had ported over successfully from Telus.

Today I've been unable to receive or make calls; I get a pre-recorded message saying I need to have a long distance add on.

As far as I know, my account is in good standing (next autopay is in March!)

I hope someone has a solution soon - I'm on call for my hospital in about 45 minutes and need to be able to take calls!

15 REPLIES 15

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@Shazia_K if you have time today, could you help our friend out.
Good luck
I'm going to bed now 😴💤😴💤😴💤

Triton72
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I became a customer in November. Had a porting issue and it took 3 weeks for somebody to get back to me. Then it was fixed and all services worked. When the went to credit the time back, the plan changed to a different price. All services still worked.then when they corrected the plan, all services stopped again. Now I cannot make calls and all calls go to VM. When I call out, says I need a long distance plan. I even have that on my account. I am getting so frustrated with public mobile. What change did they make to my account to screw this up again. It's been over a month and still cannot make a call?????????

Rockdaddy22
Amazing:) I love her 😉 Thanks for the update.

nigelayen
My issue has already been resolved by @Shazia_K. Thanks.

Rockdaddy22
@Shazia_K if you could also take a look at @nigelayen's account, experiencing the same issue. Sorry should've pointed that out earlier. Thank you.

Rockdaddy22
Thanks Shaz

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Kupow

I'm sorry for the delay in responding back to you as you might already know we are currently receiving a higher volume of requests than our usual.

Can you please reboot your phone? the service should be all good now! 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
She should be able to help you soon so check back often.

Rockdaddy22
@Shazia_K here's someone with no service

Kupow
Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved for anyone yet? Still waiting on even a response/timeline. Using Fongo right now which is tolerable but a pretty big hassle for work. I've already PMed my details to a mod but looks like the message wasn't read/opened?

I understand there's a backlog but would appreciate a timeline. Not very happy about using up my data for calls.

@Shazia_K

nigelayen

This is exactly the same problem that I have. So, it's not only me. I have paid for a servive that I cannot use.

rkreddyb4u
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If urgent, buy a 200mins long distance addons $8, and continue with your long distance calls, private message to mod team, they should be able to refund $8 and cancel the addon once the service is restored.

Sadly, sounds like the new bug

Meanwhile, while your service is down you can make phone calls with an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi. Income SMS is free.

Hang in there.

FYI: Moderator Coverage is currently: Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST)

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Kupow
Thanks!

UDP7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Gonna tag a mod and hopefully they can fix your problem ASAP. 

@Shazia_K

Need Help? Let's chat.