cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make and receive calls since June 30, 2023

eliyanaca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I paid the service automatically, and have been in years since I came to Canada (5 years) (I also recommended your service to others - I bet they are cursing me now). But why until now I'm unable to make and receive calls since June 30, 2023. My daughter's new sim / service that was purchased months ago/this year can make/receive calls in iphone 14 plus with either of these 5G Auto, 5G, 3G, LTE. She can also make/receive calls in iphone 6 plus!

Following has been done as recommended in my search to find solution, but the problem still exists! 
- reset network settings on iphone 
- remove/put back the sim 
- move sim to another phone
- turn airplane on/off
- turn iphone on/off
- put it to 3G, put it to LTE, put it to 5G auto for iphone 14 plus. The other iphone 6 plus doesn't have that option anymore.

Located at St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador.

Please fix ASAP. I think you need to send me new sim!

15 REPLIES 15

eliyanaca

@esjliv thank you for the info. 

My first nickname was created in the middle of this year. I was prompted again yesterday, so I created another nickname to get my service up again.

I will submit another ticket to CSA regarding the nickname, hoping to get it resolved.

@eliyanaca - when Public Mobile updated the community this year (2023), many users were forced to create a new Community ID/member name. Your old one is not lost. If you want it back you can ask a CSA for it. But if you are fine with using this member name, than continue to use this one for support or posting in the community.

AND NO, you should not be prompted to keep creating a new Community ID/member name. Some members did get stuck in this strange cycle though. So if you get prompted to create one again, this could cause more issues than good; so I'd submit a ticket to get your Community account fixed.

eliyanaca

@DennyCranethanks for your reply. It is now resolved.

Text and data are working fine. Yes, my daughter is also using Public Mobile.

eliyanaca

@esjliv , thanks for your reply.

My apologies... if I tagged at hello_everyone and  at tech_support, hoping to find a solution because I reported this issue quite some time ago, on June 30. I can't find that post in my account now, but it's still searchable under the @eliyana nickname here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Cant-access-account-make-calls-and-receiv.... It was marked as solved! I thought it was, and I never followed up, and no one suggested that I contact the CS Agent. Fast forward, I had to create a new nickname using the same account (I wonder why it asked me for a new nickname again? So, every time the problem is resolved, do I have to create a new nickname?) My career practitioner, physicians, and suppliers were trying to reach me, and I realized that I couldn't be reached on the phone number when the HR sent me an email that they weren't able to contact me through the number I gave them. So, I came here hoping to find a solution. Anyway, it has been resolved for now. No provisional SIM has been issued. The agent even made a mistake when looking into my account and told me that I don't have any minutes to make a call?! Seriously? I've never used a single minute on my account as I normally call via evoice/messenger/Facetime. I screenshotted my usage and sent it to him, as he might have overlooked the account. He told me to restart my phone again, and VOILA!

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Does text and data work? Is your daughter also using Public Mobile?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@eliyanaca - Oh My 131 days with this issue!? Glad you have come around now to get this sorted out.

I don't know who you are tagging in your original post above, but please only provide personal information to public mobile staff/agent through private messaging only. Public Mobile Customer support's member name is "CS_Agent".

Go to your ENVELOPE at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message.  Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support.

@eliyanaca 

Their hours are 9:00am to 10:00pm EST.

eliyanaca

@BKNS27 thank you for your reply.

Yes, I did contacted a CS Agent. Awaiting for the reply.

@eliyanaca 

Then it is a provisional issue with your SIM. Just contact a CS _Agent. It happened to me about a month ago and they fixed the issue.

eliyanaca

@BKNS27 thank you for your reply.

I put my SIM in her phone, it doesn't work. So, I put back again to my phone, and still doesn't work.

iphone 14 plus and 6 plus.

I have contacted the CS_Agent as suggested by @TheSterlinger 

eliyanaca

@Mrlitt thank you for your reply.

My sim card did not work on both phone.

My daughter's sim card is working on both phone.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@eliyanaca 

Put your SIM in her phone and see if it works. If it does, there are 2 possible issues:

1 - issue with your iPhone.

2 - a provisional issue with your SIM.

Contact a CS_Agent by private messaging to look into the provisional SIM issue at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

If provisional is not the problem, have your phone checked out at Apple Genius store.

Mrlitt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did the Sim card work in a different phone? And just to confirm.  Did your daughter's Sim card work in your phone? 

eliyanaca

Thank you for your reply. I will try that and if the problem solve I will accept that as solution.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.