cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get verification code via text (transferred from Fido to PM yesterday)

jae2023
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I transferred from Fido to PM yesterday. I am able to access data and phone calls. However, I am trying to access "full" PM account, and sent the verification code via text, but I have not received one (I tried several times since yesterday.) 

1. Whenever I try to log-ing, it asks to confirm your identity 6 digit code via email. 

2. Once I enter the 6-digit codes from my email, the page says "we've noticed you have an active Public Mobile service and would like to confirm your full access". Then ask to enter another 6 digit code sent to my #. However, I do not receive any texts. 

+ And I just found out that I am unable to get text from others. 

Please help me - I noticed that I am not getting verification text code from other services including banking. 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

wcjbic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm experiencing the same problem, except I am able to get texts from others, just not the one from Public Mobile to confirm my identity. 

Caniss
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Check in settings your phones current Network, should be Public Mobile

Check the Access Point Name (  APN)  is Public Mobile   sp.mb.com

Select the PM   APN if not  selected.

If none are there then PM is not set up.  Try a Reboot and check again.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @jae2023 

Let me see if we can try a few things. Let's try with your wife's phone because she said YES to the text.

Take out YOUR PM SIM card. Shut down the phone. Place her Fido SIM card in your phone and restart it. Do you see Fido at the top? If no, then as a test, make a call to a friend and see if it goes through. If it does, the port didn't go through. If the call does not go through, then the port worked. What she should do is go to her settings, then network settings, take it off automatic and pick Public Mobile. Then reboot. Everything should be working for her after that.

Now do the same thing for yourself. Shut off your phone and install the Fido SIM card in there. If you see Fido at the top, it means you're still with them and the number wasn't ported. 

I'll send you the porting team number to your mail box up top.

Let us know if things work.

jae2023

Thanks for your reply @NDesai. Unfortunately, it does not give me an option other than text (eversafe.id.telus.com) I entered the verification code received from an email, then it asks me to enter another code received via text to "confirm my identity".  😞 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@jae2023 You should be able to get a code on your email if you click other options on the screen where it's asking you to enter a code sent as a text. See what is going on in your account to determine why services are not working. If you know services are not due for renewal, try rebooting your phone. 

jae2023

+ And I just found out that I am unable to get text from others. 

Need Help? Let's chat.