cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get Eversafe ID due to wrong phone number

Avn1007123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Trying to log in ( full access ) , They are asking to confirm my account by getting a 6 digit Eversafe code which they are sending to an unknown number, not my registered number. 

19 REPLIES 19

HI @Rezoly 

I will send you the phone number.  Please check the Community inbox

Rezoly
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I actually have the exact same problem too. Would you be able to send me the phone number as well?

DougHamilton

I am mostly sorted now. As i was being impatient. My porting finally completed. I now have access. Except for the first account. It got tangled up with an old email i used many years ago here. Part of the problem. 

@Avn1007123 

that is actually normal when porting is not completed

Still keep your Bell sim in a phone first

There is a number to call to talk to PM live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed.  They will re-trigger the process and Bell will then send you a text to your Bell sim

DougHamilton

I have a ticket sitting waiting for a reply

Avn1007123

Sry, my bad. Although the port request was not done on Bell side I was still able to call out only using my account with Public even though Bell still owns the old phone number. Weird 

@DougHamilton wrote:

Unable to change the number

@DougHamilton   i think you have to open ticket with support, please message them here

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

DougHamilton

Unable to change the number

@DougHamilton wrote:

I don’t understand send Zemaol

@DougHamilton  sorry, should be 

but can you login via Send Email option above?

@DougHamilton- Typos are funny eh. I suspect he means send email just going by the context and the image earlier.

DougHamilton

I don’t understand send Zemaol

Avn1007123

The whole thing was whacked from the beginning. I could call out with my old Bell number using Public esim but could not receive any incoming calls, same with the text messages. So ya got a new number, going through all my contacts and emails to inform everyone about the change. 

@Avn1007123   

glad the phone is now working.  But you got a new number and not the number from Bell?

do you still want to bring in Bell's number? or Bell account is closed already?

Avn1007123

Thxs for your help. Seems the problem was when I first got a text message from Bell asking if I confirm the port transfer, I replied yes then through out the old sim card. It seems that Bell dropped the ball on their end and didn't release my number. After talking to them several times they insisted that it was not their problem. After opening a ticket, I finally got a new number from Public.  All's well for now. Eversafe was sent a request to update my new number IOT allow me full access.  Whew!!

DougHamilton

thanks, but only a partial fix, when I try to get in to change the ever safe number it goes back to the same loop

@DougHamilton but can you login via Send Email option above?

if you can, then you can change the number associated with EverSafe 2FA code

fixed: typo

DougHamilton

Same problem

Avn1007123

Thxs for the quick response. I do the steps you have laid out and it keeps bringing me to the 6 digit code associated with my Eversafe ID. When I click confirm for full access it sends the code to an unknown number. Endless loop.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Avn1007123 

try

1. On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Resend code and then choose Send email
    E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

2. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  3. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support and have them to help in this situation:

Private message CS agent at 
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.