cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create Self serve account to activate account online

Djaoune
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • I get : SIM card number incorrect (it’s not)

Username already used. I used my email address (which is very perculiar). Tried unsuccesfully to submit account creation form. Kept getting « Problem submitting form ».

so can’t create account.

Ttried 30-40 times to submit account creation form. Never got username already used.

Kept getting « Désolé, nous éprouvons des difficultés avec le traitement de cette demande. ». Which more or less means : Unable to process your request ».

I think account is partially created because username has registered. But cannot login with it.

This morning, 8 hours later : cannot login to self serve account with email address. I get : Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again.

when i try to resubmit account creation form, i get that username (email address) already used and SIM number is incorrect (it is not).

Also, can’t open ticket because i need proof of account info which is not opened!

Getting nowhere fast

very frustrated

Jean

20 REPLIES 20

@Bullet77 wrote:

Its becoming comical. When using incognito mode, Web page says my sim is tied up in another session try again in 50 minutes. Tried again after 1 hour and same thing wait 50 minutes so waiting agian now again.

Hi @Bullet77  good thing you have a good sense of humour.  I didn't when I was having this problem.  Moderator recommended that before I tried again, to first clear my browsing data history/cache/cookies on my device. It worked for me.  Now, close browser and open a new browser in incognito mode.

Bullet77
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Its becoming comical. When using incognito mode, Web page says my sim is tied up in another session try again in 50 minutes. Tried again after 1 hour and same thing wait 50 minutes so waiting agian now again.

Djaoune

Was able to complete account creation after using incognito mode with google.

Hope that works for you.

Bullet77
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

good , you got going I got the same issue and now waiting for an hour on my wifes phone account.

I complete to the phone# porting  and submitted and everything died on public side, everything became frozen.  logged out and back with a different browser. Now it says my sim is invalid on first page.

Djaoune

Incognito mode worked

Big thank you

Eillibsniknej

Hi there,

I’ve seen on other similar posts people say you can clear your browser history and then try again in incognito mode to see if you can enter into the account. If not try a completely different browser eg. if you’re trying on your phone try on a computer using chrome or internet explorer. If none of that works, you may need to contact a moderator to confirm whether the account is actually made or not, as that seems to be the biggest unknown here. Did you get through to typing in security questions when making the account? If so you should be able to access and reset password through moderators to then try activate once you have access

Hello @Djaoune ,

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble. I would say to contact the moderators at this point for some assistance.

BEFORE YOU do though...enter your email  here  (that is if you did not activate successfully yet) as there is a current promotion to get your 2nd 30-day cycle FREE. 🙂

See terms and conditions here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-Get-your-second-month-FREE-w...

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot or link:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

OR

2 - Contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Djaoune

No, don't have Koodo account. Have a Bell account.

If system tells me username (email address) is already used, should i not be able to submit a "Forgotten password" request form to that address ? Keep getting that they can not verify address when i submit to "forgonne password".

Djaoune

Tried, still does not work.

Djaoune

Thank you Leanne.

Tried from PC a few minutes ago.

Can't resubmit form PC because system says my phone number is already used (probably by me !!!).

Tried to sign in with info i submitted on thusday. Does not work.

Tried submitting form for "forgotten password". System does not recognize my email address.

Going in circles.

Thanx again.

Leanne2004
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had a similar problem activating my daughters SIM on a iPhone to Public Mobile, I tried both her and my iphones and kept getting a message.  I was close to giving up, but went to my laptop and activated it from the laptop with no issue. 

@Djaoune contact customer support mods

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM EST

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Djaoune  Try the sim in your phone to see if it connects to the network. If it does your selfserve account has already been created during activation.

If you need too create one use the link below:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

@Djaoune wrote:

If system says my username already used, can’t see how waiting an hour will do anything.

tried 30-40 times to submit account creation form. Never got username already used.

Kept getting « Désolé, nous éprouvons des difficultés avec le traitement de cette demande. ». Which more or less means : Unable to process your request ».

I think account is partially created because username has registered. But cannot login with it.

The reason for waiting that hour is this:  When an a new account activation is started but not completed, the system won't let you try with that SIM card number again for approximately that amount of time. 

@Djaoune wrote:

If system says my username already used, can’t see how waiting an hour will do anything.

tried 30-40 times to submit account creation form. Never got username already used.

Hi @Djaoune if it says username is already used, it could mean that one of your submissions was able to go through. Trying 30-40 times to activate your account, could have locked you out of the system.  That's is why it was suggested to wait an hour before you start again.

While waiting, see if you can log in to your self-serve account.  Your email address is your username.  Also try calling 611 to see if your account is set.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Djaoune wrote:

I get : SIM card number incorrect (it’s not)

Username already used. I used my email address (which is very perculiar). Tried unsuccesfully to submit account creation form. Kept getting « Problem submitting form ».

so can’t create account.

very frustrated

Jean

PM server use your email address as the username to create your self-serve online account.  Therefore, your email address should not be used with PM before even it was canceled.  PM prepaid and Koodo prepaid are sharing the same backend. 

Did you have a Koodo prepaid account using the same email address?  

@Djaoune 

Did you activate with a credit card? If so can you confirm it was charged?

Can you log in or create account if you do this first:

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

Djaoune

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Djaoune 

Your subject line adds some confusion.

Did you activate in a store? Or is it that you're now trying to activate online yourself?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Djaoune wrote:

I get : SIM card number incorrect (it’s not)

so can’t create account.

very frustrated

Jean

Give it another try in an hour.

Need Help? Let's chat.