cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate existing account with new SIM card

MarylouW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

How do I activate my new SIM card ? When I try to do it the system wants me to set up a new account.  My SIM PIN is: 

edited by comptuergeek541: information removed

11 REPLIES 11

@MarylouW  If it's not detecting the sim card try reseeding the card by removing it from the tray and reinserting it. If it's still not detecting your card then you need too test the sim in another phone.

MarylouW

Thank you for the suggestion.  I have tried turning my phone on and off but it’s not detecting the sim card.  

@MarylouW 

contact customer support mods if you still have no service

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "no service"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

@MarylouW if your account is suspended. You may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or Using 611 to make your payment: ( you need your 4 digit pin to buy an add on)
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

@MarylouW did you suspend your account using lost/ stolen?  Take it off and restart your phone.  Turn it off, wait 30 seconds and restart it.  Stay safe 

20200504_182846.jpg

MarylouW

Thank you for your feedback. I went to the change SIM card option and I also tapped up my account. My phone is still not activated.  Any advice?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@MarylouW  Go into your selfserve account. On the first page under your profile there is a change sim card option. Select it and enter your new sim card number. Insert the new sim in your phone and restart it.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MarylouW 

What is your reason why you want to change your SIM card?

If your current account status is active, use the Change Sim Card link inside the "My Profile" box on your overview page after login.

If you stopped renewing your account for over 90 days, your account may be canceled.  Then, you need to create a new account with your new SIM card.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@MarylouW why are you switching your sim card? They are virtually indestructible. You switch your SIM card using the change sim option in your self service account. Stay safe. 

20200723_093448.jpg

@MarylouW wrote:

Hi, 

How do I activate my new SIM card ? When I try to do it the system wants me to set up a new account.

For an existing account, you should be going through selfserve.publicmobile.ca 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.