cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access my account after switching to another provider

zzzrod
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am no longer able to sign in to my account after moving my phone number over to another provider. I entered my correct email and password and it just says "invalid password" - even though I logged in 5 minutes before making the switch (only I have access to that account).

Trying to reset the password is useless as no email is sent for the 2fa.

Any ideas about what's going on? Does Public mobile just completely deactivates your account if you switch providers?

I'd like to be able to log in to my account and review some settings there, then request an account deactivation. 

This website is so frustrating to use 😕

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

@zzzrod wrote:

Thanks @softech .

I was billed today (the day I made the move) - I was hoping to contact the support team and see if I'd be able to get a refund but I guess I'm out of luck, oh well.

You can always contact support since you have Community account. Explain your situation and hope for the best.

To Contact CSA-agent; there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If ticketing does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

zzzrod

I switched back to Fido, thanks!

@zzzrod   sorry, PM is prepaid and no refund.  usually we advise people to port the account on the 28th day or so and no later just in case

But where you moved your line to?  If Koodo or Telus, maybe they can do something since they are all Telus family

zzzrod

Thanks @softech .

I was billed today (the day I made the move) - I was hoping to contact the support team and see if I'd be able to get a refund but I guess I'm out of luck, oh well.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@zzzrod   you don't need to do that

Once your number is moved (ported), your PM account will be cancelled.  That's why you cannot login

So, it is all good now

Just pay attention in the next month and make sure PM not charging you again (no worry, they usually won't, just do check to be safe)

Need Help? Let's chat.