cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Receive Calls After Transferring Phone Number

Randommess
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I recently transferred my phone number from FIDO, and I'm able to make outgoing calls but I'm unable to recieve incoming calls. I looked around the forum and believe this may be a porting issue which would require moderator help? Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Randommess wrote:

Hi, I recently transferred my phone number from FIDO, and I'm able to make outgoing calls but I'm unable to recieve incoming calls. I looked around the forum and believe this may be a porting issue which would require moderator help? Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

@Randommess  Not sure what recently means but wth FIDO it has been reported by other customers that it has taken more than 24 hourts for Fido to release the number. If it's been longer than that and you haven't received a text from PM then you should contact the moderators as suggested by others.

Bell3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Definitely it is a porting issue and your numbers is not transferred to PM yet.  Check with FIdo that your plan is deactivated, if not connect with PM moderator team. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Randommess 

Number porting is a 2 steps process:
Step 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should send a private message to moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Step 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.  You can continue to use your old SIM card until it stops working. Then, start using PM SIM card.

Porting from mobile provider, should not take more than 2 days.  You should send a private message to moderator if you had waited more than 2 days.

SQuinless
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @Randommess,

I’ve dealt with this many times while porting over numbers. What happened was you put the request through but accidentally put in a piece of information wrong (a number or letter or inputted information into a wrong field), for the porting information of the previous account.

Now, even by making this mistake, you will be able to make outgoing calls, but like you said you cannot get incoming calls. This is normal for a port that went wrong. 

What you need to do as fast as possible is to get into contact with a moderator that can fix this on the back end. If you leave it for long you may lose the number.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Hope this helps! 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

you also might receive a call  (by the portiing team) on the alternate number you provided.  This usually happens once you get a sms stating port failed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Randommess  - Yes, it is probably a proting issue.  How long ago did you initiate the transfer?  It can take several hours to port a number from another cell carrier.  Some carriers will hold the port until they have a chance to contact the customer and try to get them to stay.  In the meantime, your FIDO SIM should still be functional.  If it has been a while since you tired the transfer, you might want to contact the moderator team and ask them to retry it for you.  Remember that your FIDO account must be active in order to port the number out.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 8AM-Midnight(EST) & Sat/Sun 8AM-10:00PM(EST)

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Randommess 

It is likely a porting issue. 

When did you port over?  If it has been only a few hours, I would wait longer. You probably can still use your Fido SIM card until the port is completed. 

If it has been more than half a day, then your port likely is stuck and you will need to get hold of moderator.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

Need Help? Let's chat.