cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the plan

willian
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, folks,

I tried to change my plan from $25 to $40. I just transfered to public, and it is the second day I am enrolled in the plan. When I choose the $40 plan, it ask me to pay $40 rather than the gap.

I am not sure about this, is there any one can help me?

4 REPLIES 4

@willian wrote:

Hi, folks,

I tried to change my plan from $25 to $40. I just transfered to public, and it is the second day I am enrolled in the plan. When I choose the $40 plan, it ask me to pay $40 rather than the gap.

Public Mobile does not give you credit for the plan that you've already paid for.  If you tell the self-serve system to immediately change your plan, the $25 that you original paid is lost and and the full $40 for the new plan is due immediately.  To avoid this, you can set the plan change to take effect when your original plan would have renewed.  There is an an option when doing this to make the change immediately or at the renewal time.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM accounts are prepaid so if you change plans then you would lose any unused minutes and/or data. You are charged for the full price of the new plan and not the difference.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@willian wrote:

Hi, folks,

@willian 

PM does not refund or give credit for any already paid service. Therefore, if you change plan immediately, you have to pay the full amount, not just the difference. Unless the new plan has a feature which you need right away that the old plan doesn't have, the best way to change plans is to select the option to "change on next renewal" instead of "change plan now".

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you change to the $40 plan right now, you will lose the $25 you spent on your current plan. You can choose to have it change to the $40 plan on your next renewel, so at least your $25 won't go to waste, but if you really need/want to be on the $40 plan right now, you might just have to sacrifice the $25 you spent and make the change.

You could always try asking if a moderator can change you to the $40 plan and charge you the difference, but I'm not sure if this is something that they are willing to do, plus the wait time for moderator replies is pretty long right now - possibly a two day wait.

Need Help? Let's chat.