cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Pay, Credit Card not accepted

ReillyWood
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My plan expired today, I can't pay, PM won't accept my valid card.  Help!

Unable to process this transaction.
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

9 REPLIES 9

ReillyWood

Perhaps it's worth mentioning that this problem possibly came about because of an expired CC on one of my other accounts, which I noticed only because my son asked why his account wasn't working.  I replaced the card on his account, paid the outstanding balance, and all was good.  I decided then to replace the CC on all of the accounts, which I thought went through well.

Then today MY account failed because the CC didn't go through.  So I replaced it again.  And again.  And again.  Each time with the error message above.  And fixed only after the Moderator manually intervened to have the card approved.  And then I still had to go online and submit a payment.  Sigh.

I'm happy with PM generally, especially the price, but get so frustrated when their online system fails in such basic ways.

And why oh why does it take so long to log in?  Does someone have to turn a crank a few times?

@ReillyWood wrote:

Thank you all for your suggestions.  A moderator fixed this for me.

A bit disappointing as the process required them to manually approve it.  I don't understand why the manual approval was necessary and not done when I entered the card on the site.

It's fixed for now and hopefully good for the next autopay (and hopefully good for the 3 other accounts that use the same CC).

@ReillyWood    As long as the 3 other accounts that are payed by the same CC don't all renew on the same day it should be fine, otherwise you might need to have couple of accounts being paid on a different CC (if you have another) as  that can sometimes trigger a fraud warning, however, that's usually on the CC side.  

Totally agree with you that this shouldn't be happening though and once autopay is set you should be able to forget about it unless the expiry on the CC needs to be updated.  For some reason a small number of accounts seem to have autopay fail, although that also means many thousands of other accounts with autopay never have a problem.  So far, luckily, I've been on the other side of this equation, but absolutely get your frustration...

ReillyWood
Thank you

@ReillyWood wrote:

A bit disappointing as the process required them to manually approve it.  I don't understand why the manual approval was necessary and not done when I entered the card on the site.

It's fixed for now and hopefully good for the next autopay (and hopefully good for the 3 other accounts that use the same CC).

Hi @ReillyWood always good to hear that a fellow customer's issue/problem has been resolved.  There are many glitches in the website that Public Mobile is trying to fix, but I hear ya, this is really frustrating when it happens.

What we do, or recommend, is to top up your account using the credit card already registered with plan amount (many of us top up more funds so we don't worry every cycle).  This way you still get the autopay reward of $2 every cycle and you need not worry about autopay failure (which happens often).  Try and do that with the 3 other accounts using your credit card.

Please keep us posted.

Aloha

RosieR

ReillyWood

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ReillyWood 

You have 2 options to try:

1. if using a credit card, wait 1 hour, clear cache and cookies, open incognito tab, and try it again;
  2. if using a payment voucher to pay, you can get them at the following locations, then dial *611 from device to apply the voucher:

HALIMACS_0-1618609078057.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ReillyWood wrote:

Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

@ReillyWood 

If you DO NOT have services try making a payment by calling 611 if the card is already registered in your account?

Or were you trying to add a credit card?

If you have services, this could be your normal Self Serve message going through the renewal process. So if all services are working, ignore those messgaes.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ReillyWood wrote:

@ReillyWood    You'll need to log into your account and replace your current card and add the new card.  Make sure to fill in the name/address fields exactly as your billing statements on CC leaving no spaces for the postal code.

You can also purchase a voucher from retailers, gas/convenience stores and load it via 611 until you sort out the CC on account.

@ReillyWood wrote:

If your service has stopped working and you need to get it active again immediately, you can purchase a voucher from online stores such as recharge.com or ding.com, as  well as many local retailers such as convenience stores and gas stations.  After your service is working again, you can then try to figure out why your credit card isn't be accepted.

Need Help? Let's chat.