cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number invalid error message?

trishe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When trying to add money to my account this message comes up for past 2 months.  Tried SIM in different phone still happens.  Is SIM faulty? Tried the 1-877# from a different phone and added funds but this month got error message there that site is up for maintanence.  How now do I get to use my phone?

24 REPLIES 24

@trishe 

No you shouldn't then. It's going to take the tech team to isolate the issue so a little patience with them as it will probably take some time. It's a very unusual issue.

trishe

@ @darlicious

Hi no it is not a new number but it is easy for friends and family to remember.  I would like to keep it but if I have to I will change it.  I should not have to use another phone to put money into this one. It has been working great over a year. These problems just occurred over the past 2 months

@trishe 

Is it a new number? You can change your phone number up to 4 times per 30 days in your self serve account.

trishe

Darlicious....yes...very strange indeed.  You are welcome for the update.  I think I have to change SIMS &or change the number 

yes.. this is weird one.  I hope mod would get to the bottom of it.  I would like to know what's the issue too..

@trishe 

Well that is definitely a weird one...we will all be interested to see how it is resolved. Thanks for the update.

trishe

Update:  I was able to add money to the account from another phone with a public phone card. The account is still active and has not been dormant for very long due to lack of payment or attempts at payment.  *611 does not go through from any of 3 phones that SIM card is inserted into but the other public SIM or any other SIM works as it is supposed to in.  I can still make and receive calls from it to numbers other than *611.  It is very inconvenient to have to use another phone to add money to this account. It is not a network problem or the other SIM and all my friends I referred would be experiencing the same.  Moderator team have replied and I replied to them hopefully in time to resolve this strange problem.

trishe

Softech 

Thanks I did

@trishe  make sure you check the community inbox,  envelope icon on the top right for mod's response ..

@trishe 

Trust me the community is not a gobbler of data.....I spent 55 minutes last week on my phone answering a few questions and checking on a couple of accounts. I used less than 5mb of mobile data.

trishe

Blueb I did reach out to a moderator.  I have tried the SIM card in other phones and it's not working properly in any. I added money last month and am getting too frustrated to add anymore money to it this month. Am waiting to hear back from moderator. I have a new SIM from public mobile and a new SIM from another carrier. With all this reading and writing online gobbling up data I might switch my extra phone to another carrier with phone able technicians possibly with voice recognition. Thank you everyone who tried helping me through this. 

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@trishe 

A few observations here...

1. Some good suggestions from @Anonymous for dialing different numbers, but your replies say that you're dialing a different number.  Triple check you're dialing and trying the things exactly as suggested
  2. A problem with the SIM card will show some sort of SIM error on your phone... if it shows that it's connected to Public Mobile then it's highly unlikely to be a bad SIM.
  3. If 611 doesn't work on a particular SIM card without an error, chances are it's an account issue.

If you've tried everything carefully as-suggested, I would reach out to a Moderator like @darlicious mentioned... message them directly here and be prepared to authenticate yourself.

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you go to Account Status: is showing Active or !

Sign in to Self Serve to view  ,

maybe you to do a troubleshoot for your device

can you do try reseat the SIM card

1.power off your device

2.take out the SIM card,

3.wipe it clean,

4.put it back and power on,

5.toggling airplane mode off/on,  

it happened sometime you know, A normal reboot without reset, didn't work. At least try it,

only work after reseating the SIM card.

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit HERE 

or HERE 

for android visit HERE ,

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on.

if you still have a issue you have to Submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team,

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

Anonymous
Not applicable

@trishe : lol I ended up in a health product marketing hole with that 877 number. What happens when you dial 1-855-4pu-blic and enter the 10 digit number of the account in question.

@trishe 

Time to get all modded up!

trishe

Yes I am sure. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@trishe 

Are you sure the sim with the error message hasn't been suspended for 90 days without payment? It could be a faulty sim but it sounds like its been deactivated.

Send a private message...   Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@trishe : I think you're going to need to contact the moderators via private message. You can't verify via the ticket method so you'll have to send all the information they ask for in private message. Edit: sorry...unless you know your 4 digit PIN.

How did you put money in that account the last time? Did you add a sufficient amount to pay for your plan? Did it renew? When did this stop working for calls or text or data?

trishe

Dunkman *611 works as it should on one of my 2 phones.  When I switch the SIM the second account gets a number invalid message no matter what phone I put it in.  

trishe

I can not log into that account since the email is no longer active and I forgot the password.  I put money on it with the 18774public number last month but this month when I tried it said it was down for service.  With money on it I can make phonecalls to anywhere except *611.  With my original phone account I'm conversing with you now on there is no problem accessing *611 or my account but if I switch SIMS the other number won't access *611 so maybe the SIM  went defective

softech
Oracle
Oracle

did you login to My Account and confirm your account status?? you said it has been 2 months at least  , if more than 90 days, you account will be permanently closed and you will loss your phone num

Anonymous
Not applicable

@trishe : 61_1_ right? And 18774public. If you've tried the SIM in different phones and get the same thing...are you able to login to the account?

trishe

I have 2 phones and am not able to access the account or the phone service of one of them.  I tried to top it up but can not get through to 612 or the other number to add money to that account.  It has not been for more than a month without funds so it should not be suspended

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@trishe 

Is your account suspended for non payment?  If so, how long suspended? If more than 90 days, then your account would have been permanently closed and number lost.

Are you able to access your self service account online?  What happens when you dial 611 on your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.