cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Umdigi

elhota1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am considering buying two different models of Umdigi phones and am wondering how compatible they are with Public Mobile and which one would be more compatible.  I am considering the Umdigi A3X and Umdigi A3S.

Thank you

29 REPLIES 29

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@jimbobs wrote:

Now that the merchant has agreed to refund, you can contact your credit card company and request they expedite the credit.  

I would say the opposite. Contacting the credit card company is supposed to be a last resort. I do realize that a credit card comapny can actually do a coutesy temporary refund and list the charge as disputed, but if a customer does this too many times, this actually casts suspicion on the credit card user.

This is not true at all.  Requesting a cashback is one of the rights and privileges of being a card holder.  This is one of the protections offered by the cardholders bank - technically the "issuer" of the credit card. Of course, like any privilege, it should not be abused.  A cardholders relationship is with his bank while the merchant has a very different arrangement with their bank.  

jimbobs

@CFPartDeux wrote:

Uhm.... not sure what you're gettin' at..... the credit back to my card, AFAIK, still has to be initiated by AliExpress, doesn't it? In that case, how is me contacting the CC company going to get anything done quicker? 🤔

No. You used a credit card and as the cardholder, you can dispute a particular transaction by contacting your bank and requesting a chargeback which is a bank-initiated refund for a credit card purchase.   You should not wait for the merchant to initiate the refund which favours them more than you.

Bubba
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I bought a Umdigi F1 Play in January after skipping off on the Black Friday deals online as I was waiting for the newest model F2 but was very skeptical of Alibaba and extra charges and the fact its coming all the way from China, and Chinese companies in general. At first I was skeptical, after I read a few reviews (it happens with all companies that a few phones will have problems).

In January I found the model based on F1 model with higher ram, and and a flash deal on Amazon.

They seem to have have all the bands ready for the U.S market, as they are trying to do what other Chinese  companies have done...to get known in the U.S which is what most companies that want to establish a reputation around the world. I would buy from Amazon, instead of directly from them to avoid any return problems, if it pops up. 

I've never had any technical problems with the phone or reception. The speaker ear piece could be a bit louder (a lot of phones have that problem now due to compactness I think), but the play speaker is quite loud, which is a nice surprise.  The RAM and ROM was way above and beyond the amounts of high end flagship phones, and the battery lasts several days and the phone was quite good for the price as a supposedly budget phone. Beats all the brands hands down for quality, features and price.   

Most / all of their phones have terrible cameras . Not just photo quality, but just bad design all round. High megapixel counts but the quality is not that great.

For me its a great utility phone for being a phone and computer. I will drag out my real camera, if I need really good quality photos that I want to frame

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@CFPartDeux wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

If the merchant has already initiate the refund process and the your card issuer is aware of the pending refund, there isn't anything that can be done to speed it up. The customer needs to wait the regular amount of time for the transaction to be fully posted.

Which, according to another member here, with AliExpress, usually takes about a week.

Aaaaand, to update this particular part of this thread - while AliExpress has been REALLY slow in shipping the phone I ordered, at least they were pretty quick with the refund. Their info states that refunds are typically received between 3 - 20 business days after approval, and I received mine on day 3, so I guess kudos to them for that! 👍

@will13am wrote:

.....  I think the F2 is a worthy bet if you can get it at a discounted price.  

+1 for the Umidigi F2. Performance is great but improves even more by debloating and removing some additional not needed packages using ADB Shell.

pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mediatek.mms.appservice
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mediatek.emcamera
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mediatek.security
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mediatek.security.service
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mediatek.duraspeed
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.verizon.remoteSimlock
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.wapi.wapicertmanager
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mediatek.omacp
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mediatek.simprocessor
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mediatek.autobootcontroller
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mediatek.autodialer
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.freeme.supershot
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mediatek.atmwifimeta
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.calllogbackup
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.sharedstoragebackup
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mediatek.telephony
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.freeme.factory
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.partnercustomizations
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.bookmarkprovider

Note: Use at your own risk. I'm not responsible if you mess up your device. More info on what each package does can be found here:

https://www.olorin.me/2020/02/11/debloating-the-umidigi-f2/

CFPartDeux

@TurtleMcRib wrote:

I don't know about AliExpress but amazon with prime was about 13 hrs from the time I ordered the A3x to my door. I couple months back during the Peak of the pandemic.

Ok, so maybe to give the OP an opinion, in case they haven't already made up their mind, is the A3X in fact "super laggy", as another member speculated it must be, based on its' "underwhelming specs"?

Having seen a few video reviews, it appears to be fairly snappy, so I expect the difference may be that the OP may be someone that doesn't require a lot of phone horsepower, and has a more simple use case scenario, than others that have tons of apps open at the same time.

@elhota1 

I got the bf the A5pro for Xmas and he was pretty happy with it til he dropped it and then subsequently lost it....i wasn't happy with the camera which is of more importance to me than most. I seriously considered getting the F1 the other day from Amazon.ca but again was talked out of it because of the cameras capabilities. Not to say the camera in the F1 isnt good enough for most....just not me. Everything else is pretty good as far as what you need out of a phone and at $181 all in with case and screen protector its a pretty good deal.....have it in a day when you sign up for amazon primes free month trial......

**I also make sure I buy with a credit card that has product protector which covers it being lost or stolen in the first 90 days and extends the warranty by a year. If you have a premium card like my avion infinite you can check and see if you have device protection which covers you if it's lost or stolen period....with a $10 - $20 deductible + 2% of the value for 24 months. (On the F1 that would be $3.62 p/m or max $86.88+$10=$96.88) After two years if you lost it then or smashed the screen you would get $84.12 back from the cards insurance company.

CFPartDeux

@computergeek541 wrote:

If the merchant has already initiate the refund process and the your card issuer is aware of the pending refund, there isn't anything that can be done to speed it up. The customer needs to wait the regular amount of time for the transaction to be fully posted.

Which, according to another member here, with AliExpress, usually takes about a week.

@jimbobs wrote:

Now that the merchant has agreed to refund, you can contact your credit card company and request they expedite the credit.  

I would say the opposite. Contacting the credit card company is supposed to be a last resort. I do realize that a credit card comapny can actually do a coutesy temporary refund and list the charge as disputed, but if a customer does this too many times, this actually casts suspicion on the credit card user.

If the seller is co-operating, there's really no reason to contact the credit card company unless there is a reason to believe that the refund won't be happening. If a buyer tells the card issuer these circumstances, the card customer is even more likely to be advised by the card issuer to work it with the seller.

Disputing the charge with the credit card issuer can take months to finalize/resolve.

TurtleMcRib

I don't know about AliExpress but amazon with prime was about 13 hrs from the time I ordered the A3x to my door. I couple months back during the Peak of the pandemic.

CFPartDeux

@jimbobs wrote:

@CFPartDeux wrote:

@jimbobs wrote:

@CFPartDeux wrote:

@elhota1  Better question might be, where are you planning on getting it from?

I ordered the A3S from the Umidigi store on AliExpress, and it's now over 3 months, and it hasn't shown up. If I had it to do over, I'd probably have gotten it from Amazon instead.

Just wondering if they charged your credit card for that?  

Yes, they did, and as @elhota1  mentioned, I filed a dispute, and after much going back & forth, they FINALLY decided to refund the money. Now I just have to wait 3 - 20 days for THAT to show up on my credit card. 🙄  Suffice it to say, I won't be ordering anything from AliExpress 'til the world situation returns to something resembling normal.

Uhm.... not sure what you're gettin' at..... the credit back to my card, AFAIK, still has to be initiated by AliExpress, doesn't it? In that case, how is me contacting the CC company going to get anything done quicker? 🤔

jimbobs

@CFPartDeux wrote:

@jimbobs wrote:

@CFPartDeux wrote:

I ordered the A3S from the Umidigi store on AliExpress, and it's now over 3 months, and it hasn't shown up. If I had it to do over, I'd probably have gotten it from Amazon instead.

Yes, they did, and as @elhota1  mentioned, I filed a dispute, and after much going back & forth, they FINALLY decided to refund the money. Now I just have to wait 3 - 20 days for THAT to show up on my credit card. 🙄  Suffice it to say, I won't be ordering anything from AliExpress 'til the world situation returns to something resembling normal.

TurtleMcRib

Iv been using the umidigi A3x and honestly for a low budget phone I am impressed with it all around.only issue is the wifi antena is weak on mine but other then that for price I can't complain to much

kelvarnsen

@fdrcamb519 I have been using an Umidigi F1 since September and it is great. I love how much storage it has. Before that I typically used lower grade Samsung phones and this is so much better.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@elhota1 , I would recommend that you avoid the A3S and A3X.  Both are really underwhelming in the specs department.  I got an A5 pro a year ago just to test drive the brand.  The specs on that phone is way better than the A3 line but was still super laggy.  I ended up retiring the phone after a couple of months of use.  I think the F2 is a worthy bet if you can get it at a discounted price.  

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

@elhota1 

I never heard about this phone brand before are they good.?????

My wife has been using the Umidigi F2 for about a month now and no complaints from her at all about it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

CFPartDeux

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

@elhota1 

I have no personal experience with them, since my order hasn't shown up, and at this point I kind of doubt it ever will, BUT I heard about them on a computer related site, and several people on there have bought them mainly as a backup phone, simply because of their decent specs, combined with their relatively low price.

That, and several people here have various models of their phones, and other than somewhat poor quality pics from the cameras, most folks here seem to like them.

elhota1

All the reviews I have read about them are positive.  Some say that they have similar quality to Samsung at a lower price.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@elhota1 

CFPartDeux

@jimbobs wrote:

@CFPartDeux wrote:

elhota1

They do charge your credit when ordering from Ali Express.  However, if you do not receive the product within the expected time frame and the seller does not do an extension to the time frame, you can file a dispute with Ali Express to get a refund.

jimbobs

@CFPartDeux wrote:

kelvarnsen

I have an Umidigi F1. Ordered from Amazon but it was out of stock so it took a few weeks. I can't imagine how long it would take to order one from AliExpress directly. In fact I ordered something from them back in February and it just arrived today.

As for the A3's I noticed that both versions have two sim slots plus a memory card slot. My F1 has two slots total with one that can either be the memory card or the second sim. It would be super handy if they weren't combined.

CFPartDeux

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@elhota1 they are both 100% having the required 3g and 4g LTE bands. The X seems to be the replacement for the S. However the S has a bigger battery. The X will proably get around 2 days when fully charged and the S 2.5. So, its up to you which one you get. My mom has the older S model and has no problems. Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@elhota1 wrote:

I am considering buying two different models of Umdigi phones and am wondering how compatible they are with Public Mobile and which one would be more compatible.  I am considering the Umdigi A3X and Umdigi A3S.

Thank you

@elhota1  All Umidigi phones are compatible with Public Mobile. In fact, Umidigi  models are all global and support most global bands.

tabi159w

Both version are compatible with Public Mobile, so no worries.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@elhota1 both versions are very compatible. it would just depend on what version you prefer. I would probably choose the newer model a3x for better support 

Need Help? Let's chat.