cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA Roaming

Gzhao3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought USA DATA roaming ($20 for 10 days/1GB), but it cannot connect to the data for most of time when I was in USA. Can I get Credit back?

8 REPLIES 8

@jim_h- There are many variables with phones. So if some variables are a certain way with a phone then how would the provider know what to do. Buying add-ons is 2 steps: add money then buy add-on. Using roaming data requires the roaming setting to be on. Then also some phones might be set on manual network. Change it T-Mobile and it should work.

Did your data work fine at home? Did you get the welcome to the US text when you arrived?

jim_h
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It didn't work at all. I went to a t-mobile store and purchased a travel card. I feel like I shouldn't have to mess with settings to make this work. Or spend half a day looking for help in the community. If no refund is given, I will not purchase this again.   The phone is an Umidigi Bison.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Were you connected to correct provider and available towers in your area while you were in US.

There is no refund on pre-paid services at PM, still if you feel that you did everything to connect to the right provider in the area and still the data services were a no-go then contact support agents to get further steps on this issue.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Gzhao3 wrote:

I bought USA DATA roaming ($20 for 10 days/1GB), but it cannot connect to the data for most of time when I was in USA. Can I get Credit back?

Were you able to connect some of the time then ? What kinda phone are you using when you're there ?

I wonder if the recent phasing out of 3G in alot of areas, has affected your experience while in USA.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

You can connect with a CSA although there are no guarantees, it would be a case by case basis, whether it was a PM error or customer error, etc etc

jim_h
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had the same issue with my purchase as well. If they can't provide something that works. A refund should not be an issue 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Gzhao3 

Are you connected to T-Mobile or AT&T cellular network? It needs to be one of the 2 to work.

Unfortunately, PM is a prepaid plan so there are no refund but worth a try and contact a CS_Agent to see if they will offer you a refund.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Gzhao3 

Public Mobile is prepaid so there are usually no refunds. You will have to plead your case to an agent and maybe ask for a credit to your account.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Check for a reply by keeping an eye on the envelope icon in the top right corner.

Need Help? Let's chat.