cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming not working

Irene5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just bought US roaming. I can see I topped up my account + I can see in payments that I have opted for US roaming.

However, in my plans, US roaming doesn't show up, nor can I send messages or anything to Canada (I'm in the US right now). I get the message back every time I send a message that I'm not on roaming. 

I decided to top up again, but now the option for US roaming data and talk/message isn't even an option anymore.

I know how to top up my funds, and I know how to add an add-on. I've read those posts and they do not help my case right now. All I need is my roaming to work.

21 REPLIES 21

Irene5

There is no help. Public Mobile just doesn't offer it the way I would like. There is therefore no solution within Public Mobile.

@Irene5 wrote:

Not really. All I know is that you have to wait 24 hrs before buying another 10 days (don't ask me why!). I haven't tried it out yet, so I don't know ......

HI @Irene5   this is an old post, you still need help with any of your roaming problem?

HI @michelleheisler   can you explain what is your issue.    This was  an old post, better to start your own and tell us exactly what "same" situation.  

You cannot connect?  or you cannot buy new roaming?

Irene5

Not really. All I know is that you have to wait 24 hrs before buying another 10 days (don't ask me why!). I haven't tried it out yet, so I don't know ......

michelleheisler
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the exact same situation. Did you ever work out the problem?

lfaber
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey Irene: Just saw this. If it makes you feel any better, I’m having the same issue as you!

@Anonymous   I asked too... but no answer,  everyone just eager to send OP to PM Support and not really trying to get more information..  😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Irene5 : Did you check Plan Details? Do you show a balance in Available Funds? Did you try to find the US networks? Your phone might not be set on automatic networks.

I'm not yet convinced you need the CSA's yet.

Irene5

I tried the chatbot and it doesn't verify me. I sent a private message. Thank you for your fast help!  I hope this will get resolved soon. I'm on limited wifi now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Irene5 wrote:

This is a standard reply and I already said in my message that I have read these types of messages. They do NOT help.

@Irene5 

just to you know for Re-Purchase Add-ons you need to wait 25 hours after the expiry first Purchase Add-ons or you need to contact CSA, the system is not allowed you to Re-Purchase Add-ons if not expiry the first one.

close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

go sign in to Self-Serveto review your account,

Irene5

Thank you, excellent help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Irene5 : Click on Plan Details and see if you see roaming items.

Then manually scan for and connect to either AT&T or T-Mobile.

i I just want to point out follow my chatbot instructions and you get to open ticket page without issue.

Also, ticket opened with Chatbot has a ticket number and case already linked to proper Self Serve account.   

Messaging PM support is a quick way, but sending the message does not mean ticket opened.  Ticket only opened after the message is picked up.  Also, there will be more message back and forth to validate identity

Plus, We were told to use Chatbot method first and I like to follow the past success

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I just want to point out that the chatbot method described above can be confusing to navigate, and there's no scientific evidence it's any better/faster than sending a private message.

0PX9O4

@Irene5 

That's weird. The link works fine for me. Here it is again:

https://productioncommunity .publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ALTERNATIVELY, you can just click on this user to send them a private message -> @CS_Agent 

@Irene5   follow this to open ticket with pm support

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Irene5

This is a standard reply and I already said in my message that I have read these types of messages. They do NOT help.

Irene5

That link brings me to the home page of Public mobile, not to a place where I can send a private message.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Irene5 , please login to My Account and check Plan Details https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/  and see if you see the roaming add-on you got

Also, you see any amount as Available Fund?  Just want to see if any chance you just loaded the fund but didn't really buy the Add-on, the add-on purchase is a bit confusing.

And , what US roaming add-on you bought?  you bought it twice?  Do you mind to check Transaction history as well?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Payment-History/

do you mind to share the screenshot?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Irene5 

For US Roaming 10 day packages
Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 250MB Data Bundle = $20
Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle = $15
Unlimited U.S. Talk Only = $8
Unlimited U.S. Text Only = $8
U.S. Data Only 10 day packages
250MB = $10
500MB = $15
1GB = $20

when you visit U.S. and then Purchase it,

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, if you found at Available Funds: $$

Try To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

Follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’,
  5. after purchase successful you have to do Rebooting your phone
    what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

review of Add-ons visit Here link...

make sure enable roaming on,
Try manually selecting either of  AT&T or T-Mobile, whichever works best for you,
for Re-Purchase Add-ons you need to wait 25 hours after the expiry first Purchase Add-ons or you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentto do it for you.

you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,

0PX9O4

@Irene5 

Unfortunately it sounds like you'll need to ask an agent for help. You can do that here by sending a private message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.