cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming bundle expired and now can not recieve sms or calls.

AlexRomby
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My sms roaming bundle for the states just expired and now I am not recieveing any texts or calls.

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MoreYummywrote:

Most likely the normal roaming issue.   It happens once a while.

@MoreYummy actually it sounds like it happens every time someone uses either the US Roaming Text add-on or either of the bundles that include the US Roaming Texting.  The issue is that the add-on expires, but it does not fully remove itself from your account for up to 24 hours after the expiry.  During that up-to-24-hours time, the system gets confused and is unable to deliver your inbound SMS messages (though MMS seems to work fine, presumably since it's delivered over data which does not have this same issue).  The moderator team is aware of the issue and can manually remove the expired add-on for you if you reach out to them via private message as noted, or it self corrects itself within about 24 hours when the system finally gets around to removing the expired add-on.  

This is yet another nagging issue I wish PM would take care of, but will not hold my breath 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@MoreYummywrote:

Bah, humbug, not normal but an unfriendly quirk. Robot Frustrated

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Apparently this happens from time to time after a US roaming add on expires.  The problem generally self corrects in a day.  Best to private message the moderator team and have them clear the issue right away.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link. Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.