cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan says it's active online but phone shows "No Service"

sdhoot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I switched over from Telus by porting around 6:30 pm last night. It is now 9:30 am the following day and I still have no service. I have been reading responses to questions and have tried to "lost phone" method where i disable service, turn back on a few mins later, restart phone.

I've already recieved an email from Telus saying my account has been cancelled with them. Is this a port issue? Not sure what to do at this point.

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

sdhoot

I contacted a moderator and it ended up being a synchronization issue and a technician is going to have to look into it and will hopefully be fixed within the next few hours. 

Thanks for everyone's suggestions! I literally tried them all! 

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sdhoot when this is sorted out, please post back here in detail what the solution was.  So the next time this happens, the next person can search the forums (as everyone does ;o) for the same problem and they may even be using an iPhone, and they'll find your thread and the answer to their problem.  Thanks and good luck!

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, also check your Network Mode setting, in Settings/ Mobile Networks.

It should be GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto or WCDMA.

Not just GSM.

Check your phone is not stuck in Airplane mode.

Hope that helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sdhoot 

Have you tried Reset network settings?

Edit: yeah nvm. It might be something deeply technical that some mystical tech team up at Telus have to do or it could be that you have to get a new SIM. Or even wait a while.

If those last 4 digits match I suppose you could try Change SIM to the numbers on your SIM. Use a magnifying glass. They're all digits. No letters.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sdhoot wrote:
Yup! I've tried it all lol I've even tried putting my sim card into my husbands phone and another phone we had lying around.

If your PM SIM card does not work with other working phone, it is not your iPhone 6s.

Send a private message to moderator for help.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

While you are waiting for moderator to response, you can try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan features.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

hi @sdhoot   have you tried manually searching for a network?    this thread is also a good read for ios devices : https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323118#M24562 

there is always the lost stolen trick you can try,  login into selfserve click plans then loststolen tab enable lost mode for a couple minutes then disable it.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sdhoot wrote:
Yup! I've tried it all lol I've even tried putting my sim card into my husbands phone and another phone we had lying around.

So what was the result? Did the service work with the SIM in another phone? Also, what happens when you put a different SIM into this phone?

Check the last 4 digits of the SIM number in the self-serve. It would be much better if they showed all 19 but alas.

sdhoot

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, Have you turned your phone OFF then back ON?

Sometimes it is the simple things.

sdhoot

Thanks. Yes phone is unlocked and I just sent a message to the moderator. Hoping to hear back soon! 🙂

sdhoot

It's the iphone 6s plus. I checked to see if it would work before I switched to Public Mobile and it said it would work. It was originally bought from Rogers and was later unlocked (I even used it with Telus for over a year).

Yes the self serve shows active with all that. The friend who referred me even got a text saying she successfully referred me.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sdhoot, what phone are you using?  I assume the phone is able to detect the SIM card.  Typically porting issues will affect talk and text, but not data.  If phone shows no service, then nothing will work.  Just to confirm, the self serve shows account as active and with the correctly selected plan and features. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@sdhoot wrote:

Hi there,

I switched over from Telus by porting around 6:30 pm last night. It is now 9:30 am the following day and I still have no service. I have been reading responses to questions and have tried to "lost phone" method where i disable service, turn back on a few mins later, restart phone.

I've already recieved an email from Telus saying my account has been cancelled with them. Is this a port issue? Not sure what to do at this point.

Thanks!

Because it,s been more than 3 hours ...you would write a message to the moderator here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain what happened with details. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Your phone is unlocked?

Need Help? Let's chat.