cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming add-on not registering

JVCV2023
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On June 14th, I added a US roaming package and went into the states. It was set to expire the 29th.

On June 28th, I logged in and added the roaming package again, figuring I'd just be alright that the one day was overlapped. It appeared to be successful.

On June 29th, my phone quit working and said I would need a roaming package.

On June 30th, I logged in and saw that the $30 for the add-on was still in the available funds, and the add-on wasn't registered. I figured it didn't like that I had tried to put the add-on there while the other one was still active, and tried to buy the add-on again. It said it was successful. However, the add-on didn't appear in the dashboard page of the online account and my phone still doesn't have access.

Help?

9 REPLIES 9

JVCV2023

Update. Was able to add the talk-text as a package, which just meant that for 15 days I didn't have data or picture messaging. I then was able to add talk/text and data as separate packages for the third two week run. It's the end of that run. Today, I logged in, had $15 in available funds. I added $15 more in funds, bringing total to $30. I tried to buy a new talk-text round. It said it could not deduct the funds at that time, adn still said $30. I went away to eat dinner, came back, logged in, and it said I had $15, rather than $30, but also did not say I had an add-on enabled, and my phone is still not sending texts or making calls. So it seems it just took $15 away without providing anything in return. Yes I submit a ticket, but I wanted to update this thread for context.

hi @JVCV2023 you have no roaming  service and still don't see the roaming add-on showing on My Account?? did you open ticket with PM support agent??

JVCV2023

Nope, still no dice.

JVCV2023

Thought I replied to this but maybe it didn't load. Hoping this is the issue. It's 24.25 hours later now but I'm also a time zone back, so we'll see. The $30 is still there, yep! If it works I will flag this as solution.

JVCV2023

Wonderful! Thank you, will flag this as solution if it works out once that period passes.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

What plan are you using? It may have been more cost effective to switch to a plan that has US roaming included. It has the added benefit of not having to juggle with the add-ons.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@JVCV2023 

It is a well known glitch of the US roaming add ons.  The PM system will not successfully allow a customer to purchase the same US add on until about 24 hours after your previous add on expires.  

Do you still see the $30 available funds?  

You should be able to purchase either later today or tomorrow.  If you need the add on immediately, then contact customer service agent to manually add the US add on.  

You can purchase  a different US add on within the 15 day period. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JVCV2023 

That is strange. Try rebooting your phone by powering off then back on and see if that helped.

Also, did you manual connect to AT&T or T-Mobile while you were in the USA?

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@JVCV2023 try check the dashboard page again using Incognito mode, maybe just cache problem 

but you are in US now?? you. an use it??  ignore that Welcome US text, everyone will get it when you have roaming plan

turn on mobile data roaming on your phone.  Comment T-Mobile or AT&t

Need Help? Let's chat.