cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US pkg

ThePrez
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Going to the state for January to April 2023, do I still have to pay my Canadian plan? 

10 REPLIES 10

ThePrez

Thank you for clearing that up

ThePrez

No

@ThePrez   Enabling autopay again before the 90th day of suspension will not make a payment to the account so you also need to make a manual payment around day 86th of suspension to keep the account from being deactivated.

Yes. April 5th is the end of the road. Give yourself a few days in case of troubles paying. Do you have a balance on your account?

ThePrez

Leaving Jan 1 2023, so I cancelled my autopay for Jan 5 , account will be suspended and if I  enable the autoplay before 90 days, my account and phone number will be active? 

ThePrez

Hello,

thanks for the answer. Leaving Jan 1 2023, so I cancelled my autopay for Jan 5 , account will be suspended and if I  enable the autoplay before 90 days, my account and phone number will be active? 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ThePrez 

More details would be helpful.  Are you planning to use your PM account while in USA? Or do you want to suspend your account until you get back?  

If you plan to use 10 day roaming packages while in the USA, you do need an active base Canadian plan.  Need to pay your Canadian plan every 30 days and purchase 10 day roaming packages every 10 days.  

If you want to suspend your account, here is a good post:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M9767

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ThePrez , a customer asked the same question.  Good answers with links were provided.  Check out the responses.  The strategy should work for you as well.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Phone-won-t-be-used/td-p/903380

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you plan to use your PM phone in USA, there are U add-on packages to purchase but it will cost you a lot for that period of time with not so reliable service.

If you want to 'pause' your PM account then:

- Downgrade your Plan to cheapest $15 Plan.

- Make sure your account has no more funds in the Available Funds

- Disable Autopay. Your account will be suspended on next renewal due to no pay.

- Log in around 88th day and pay for the next 30 days. Remember to log in as after 90 days of no pay account will be deleted.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

There is a 90 day grace period of not paying before the account would close. So you can pay every 4 months (make it a little less than 120 days) and keep the account alive.

Need Help? Let's chat.