cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic plan and long distance?

scamidge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was hoping to talk to a person, but see that is not an option. Disappointing. But thank you for any help.

I have just signed up and have the 3 G $15 basic plan which offers 90 minutes of Canada wide calls.

Does that include Canada wide long distance or do I need to pay more for that?

How do I tell (before my first bill) have I am being charged for long distance? I can see I have used 1 minute, but see nothing about long distance?

7 REPLIES 7

scamidge

These have just been added. Thank you for your comments.

Chrissyrioux12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is correct if you check voicemail it counts towards the 100 minutes 

you should get 500 bonus minutes and 2 gis 

go to y rewards and get the 1 gig free 

they maybe added automatically if you joined recently 

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

For new users to Public Mobile, I'd recommend you search the website for details on how things work and what's included.  The community is a great resource as well! 

One thing to note, there are no extra charges for long distance calling or data usage.  If you go over, you are done.  No unexpected charges 😁  No surprises.  

Enjoy and welcome to Public.

scamidge

Thank you very much

Hollister

@scamidge 

Receiving calls do not count towards the 100 minutes on the $15 dollar plan. Log into self service but clear your browser cache and open a new browser window in incognito. Click on the spinner icon to refresh page. You will see what you have used.

scamidge

Now I am up to 8 minutes? Does receiving calls count to in using minutes?

Hollister

@scamidge 

As long as you are located in Canada you can call anywhere in Canada and also text anyone internationally. Checking voicemail also counts as an outgoing call. All calls are rounded up so a 10 second call is 1 minute.

Need Help? Let's chat.