cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US add on not working

Cricket2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello my US add on is not working .  I bought talk and text.  Can someone tell me how to configure my phone for it to work.  I have a Samsung galaxy s10.  Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Cricket2

Thank you VERY much!  Phone works now

@Cricket2 wrote:

Everything you said has already been done but I can’t find where to go to make sure it’s on 4G.  Will keep looking thanks

@Cricket2 android or iphone?

Android:
1 Head into Settings and tap on Connections. Head into Settings and tap on Conections ; 2 Tap on Mobile networks. Tap on Mobile networks ; 3 Select Network Mode 4. Choose your preferred network mode

IPhone

1. Press Settings.; 2 . Press Mobile Service 3. Press Mobile Data Options; 4. Press Voice & Data.; 5. Press the required network mode. ...

Cricket2

Everything you said has already been done but I can’t find where to go to make sure it’s on 4G.  Will keep looking thanks

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Cricket2 

Here's a step by step.

How to change Network Operators on Android

Find network operators by sliding your finger downwards from the top of the screen.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1708479998809.png

Press the settings icon.

Chalupa_Batman_1-1708479998683.png

Press Connections

Chalupa_Batman_2-1708479998838.png

Press Mobile Networks

Chalupa_Batman_3-1708479998827.png

Press Network operators

Chalupa_Batman_4-1708479998755.png

Press Select Manually and wait till your phone searches available networks.

Chalupa_Batman_5-1708479998721.png

Press the either AT&T or T-Mobile

Chalupa_Batman_6-1708479998824.png

Press the Home key to return to the home screen.

Chalupa_Batman_7-1708479998706.png

Now reboot and you should be ready to go!

Created by Chalupa Batman

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Cricket2 

text will work as long as you can connect to the proper PM's roaming partner

Critical part to US roaming depends on T-Mobile/AT&T coverage and whether you can connect successfully onto either network.

If the phone is not connecting to T-Mobile/AT&T, change the Network Connection from Automatic to Manual and select and test both T-Mobile and AT&T and see which one you can connect.

And, make sure your Roaming Mobile data is enabled and you have disabled your mobile data limiter.  Also change your network mode to 4G (and don't try 5G until you can connect and works on 4G)

Also, you can download VoIP app TextNow as a workaround to make calls and text if you have Wifi or if your roaming has data component and data  is working

Need Help? Let's chat.