cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G to 4G service upgrade

WayneH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently upgraded my 3G service to 4G (Feb16) and have not noticed a speed increase. Is there something I need to do on my phone? I have rebooted it.

7 REPLIES 7

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@WayneH wrote:

Good point. I purchased the 4G upgrade but my plan still says 3G. They said my plan would be updated at the end of the month but I thought I would get the 4G service immediately after approving the upgrade on the  16th. I guess I will have to wait until my plan is updated the beginning of March before I get the service. Does this sound right?

@WayneH That's right. You won't receive any benefits until the new plan is paid for and comes into effect.

WayneH

Good point. I purchased the 4G upgrade but my plan still says 3G. They said my plan would be updated at the end of the month but I thought I would get the 4G service immediately after approving the upgrade on the  16th. I guess I will have to wait until my plan is updated the beginning of March before I get the service. Does this sound right?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@WayneH wrote:

I recently upgraded my 3G service to 4G (Feb16) and have not noticed a speed increase. Is there something I need to do on my phone? I have rebooted it.

@WayneH , did you do an immediate renewal or has the account completed a scheduled renewal?  Once the 4G speed plan kicks in, you should be seeing a higher download speed provided you are getting either a 4G or 5G connection on your phone.  There is no need to do network resets.  The speed cap is handled at the Public Mobile end by way the current plan that is enabled in an account.  Note that your phone can connect to 4G or 5G network provided it is compatible regardless of the plan speed you have in the account.  Plan speed and network connection are two different things.  

WayneH

Does it take public mobile a fews days to make the change to my service level?

WayneH

Thanks for responding. I have an iPhoneXR and the Cellular/Voice & Data setting is set to LTE. The only other option is 3G. The current download rate is 3MB down, 1 up (3G slow).

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @WayneH

first, click Reset all networks on your phone

and then check Network mode on your phone, make sure Automatic is selected.  Or you can manually choose 4G or LTE

and try speed test and let us know how fast you have 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@WayneH 

Go to your phone cellular data setting to 4G/LTE.

Need Help? Let's chat.