cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming - Talk, Text and 250 MB data with $20 1 GB US Data

budmic2000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I purchase both the 1 GB US Roaming Data addon and the Talk/Text/250 Mb Data plan for my trip to US, will i have 1.25 GB for my trip or is the 1 GB data redundant with the 250 Mb data that comes with the talk/text plan?

9 REPLIES 9

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous I asked @Alan_K for clarification when he wrote the new knowledge base article but there was no reply.

I've used the self-service function while at a Walmart in the USA, to get the add-on. Otherwise anywhere with wifi should do the trick as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

Unless things have changed, 611 does not/did not work in the USA you have to dial 18554public.

Oh dear...conflicting information. Thanks mimmo_L. So I guess we need further corroboration. I'm gonna go search.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Unless things have changed, 611 does not/did not work in the USA you have to dial 18554public.

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am wrote:
Just top up funds into the account and use 611 to make the add-on purchase when required. 

@will13am

Does the 611 service work when one is in the states roaming with talk? Or does one have to use the self-serve when there?

You have access to either option. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:
Just top up funds into the account and use 611 to make the add-on purchase when required. 

@will13am

Does the 611 service work when one is in the states roaming with talk? Or does one have to use the self-serve when there?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

US add-ons are timed and expire 10 days after purchase.  Stacking two add-on both with data will provide a data allotment that is the sum of the two add-ons.  The 10 day duration is still based on the timing in which each are purchased.  If stretching the usage duration out is important, it might be useful to buy the 1GB add-on after the 250MB is used up.  Just top up funds into the account and use 611 to make the add-on purchase when required. 

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Put another way, yes, 1.25 gb. 

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You will be able to use what the add on itself includes

Need Help? Let's chat.