cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming - Talk Text 250 Data (10-day) - Questions

RogueMonk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have Province-Wide talk. I'm going to the US next week. If I add "US Roaming - Talk Text 250 Data (10-day) - $20.00" will I then be able to make and recieve calls in the US (even though I have only "Province-Wide" talk? If so, will there be long distance charges to call back home and will others be charged long distance to call me? What about calling US numbers?

Thanks for the clarification!

7 REPLIES 7

To save data, I find that "Here" is a good app for navigation: it can compute directions offline and you don't have to download maps every 30 days like for Google (it basically acts like a car GPS with a better touchscreen).

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jmagoo wrote:

I was down in Florida this winter and i got the same plan, no worries for talk text you can call as much as you want to Canada, i would worry more about the data as it burns fast expecially if you use google maps, if you use google maps to go around use the offline feature and download you areas.

@jmagoo Really eh?

When I use Waze or Google Maps it only uses 10MB an hour max if I'm driving around. 

Then again I guess if you only have 250mb's you're better using offline although you won't get live traffic updates or rerouting. 

jmagoo

I was down in Florida this winter and i got the same plan, no worries for talk text you can call as much as you want to Canada, i would worry more about the data as it burns fast expecially if you use google maps, if you use google maps to go around use the offline feature and download you areas.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Enjoy your trip and let us know your experience is with the plan and coverage. 

RogueMonk

I wish it was a vaccation! Work.

Thanks!

@will13am wrote:

Enjoy the vacation. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

That $20 roaming add on package will cover making and receiving calls while roaming in the US.  You are good to go.  Enjoy the vacation. 

BTW, when purchasing the addon, it is a two step process.  Many customers have stopped at step one which merely takes money from the credit card and places it in the account.  The second step is actually applying the credit to buying the addon. 

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

there will be no long distance charges since this is all pre-paid. The talking will work for calls made in the US to US and Canada. In terms of others being charged for you calling them I am not sure. It depends on what kind of plan that they have with their current provider.

This is the link for infromation about the US roaming packages

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Learn-all-about-US-Roaming/ta-p/75772

Need Help? Let's chat.