cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roam not working

Ktown
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can anyne advise if there is anything I need to do with my phone settings or ? as I added a US roam plan last time I went to Las Vegas and it didnt work. I have just added another 10 day plan and leave tomorrow. I want to ensure it is going to work this time as I need to be contacted and be able to use my phone when in the US.

8 REPLIES 8

Let us know if it's working this time...

@Ktown wrote:

Thanks for the reply too, yes i added the funds and then the purchase. The funds did deplete back to $0. and my account shows I have it, same as last time.  😞

Sounds like once you get to USA, your phone is ready for service there. As previously noted...your 10 days of US Roaming have started as soon as you buy it so take that into account. Good luck in Vegas.

@Ktown wrote:

Thanks for the reply too, yes i added the funds and then the purchase. The funds did deplete back to $0. and my account shows I have it, same as last time.  😞

@Ktown  Check to see you have connected to the partner network, sometimes you need to manually force the network search and connect

Ktown

Ktown

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did enable data roaming last time so I thought there might be something else to do in settings or?

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ktown  It's somewhat common around here sometimes people think they purchased the add-on but they only added funds, without purchasing. The process is 2 steps.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Ktown 

US Roaming Add-ons are enabled a soon as you buy them and automatically. With the US add-ons, you need to connect to the roaming partner networks (AT&T, T-Mobile) in order to use the service.  The Public Mobile network is only available in Canada.  All roaming usage involves being able to connect to a roaming partner's network. If data is purchased, roaming data needs to be enabled. Did you enable roaming on your phone? You need to make sure your phone has "ROAMING" settings turned to on, on your phone.

In my experience when you click enable roaming on your phone, the phone gives you a warning. "ARE YOU ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS YOU MAY INCUR MASSIVE CHARGES."  Pretty sure all phones have roaming disabled by default for this reason.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Check your account and make sure that it shows up as an addon, and when you get into the US if it's not working try restarting your phone. And the plan will be activated as soon ay you purchased the addon, it will work for 10 days from that date not 10 days after you get to the US.

Need Help? Let's chat.