cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Plans

MG8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am considering using a US add-on for travel to the States.  Are there any States where the Public Mobile add-on plans would not work or where I would not get coverage?  Anything else to be mindful of when using service in the US?  Are there ways I could accidentally be charged if I am not mindful?  Just don’t want to accidentally be charged.  

6 REPLIES 6

Ellew
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, I'll remember about the manual connection to Tmobile for next time! I'm on a 4g plan, I assume his could be 5g? He did not have any connection problems though. Perhaps it was just an issue with my phone.

Actually the same thing has happened even here in Canada to both myself and my mom, losing data access until turning airplane mode off and on. Just thought I'd share that tip in the case the original poster needed it 🙂

IH @Ellew  It is weird yours was slower,  both Telus and PM uses T-Mobile network

Are you on PM's 3G plan? maybe that is thereason

And when you have trouble connecting to T-Mobile, your husband on Telus also connection problem?

and FYI next time, use manual connection to T-Mobile , don't let it "Automatic"

Ellew
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had some issues during my February trip with spotty coverage throughout Montana and Wyoming (very rural areas) and then not having access to data when it reconnected. What finally helped was turning airplane mode on and off once, and then it was much better on the trip home and had no issues. Although, anything using data was definitely a bit slower on my phone than my husband's who is with Telus. But for the price, it was well worth it to me!

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

FYI...there are no extra charges at Public Mobile.  No surprises except sometimes you get free data and long distance minutes.  

DDM69_0-1685445559796.jpeg

MG8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Awesome, thank you for your help! 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MG8   It works in all states  (plus Pureto Rico and the US Virgin Islands )  except Alaska

Check the T-mobile coverage.  The coverage map will show Alaska, but again, our roaming agreement with T-mobile does not cover Alaska

Add:  https://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/coverage-map

Need Help? Let's chat.