cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Data Add-on in Las Vegas

JinRo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I was just planning on going to Las Vegas for 8 days and needed mobile data (for Uber, etc.). I was planning on getting the US ROAMING ADD-ONS but saw that "As of February 22, 2022 US has started turning down certain 3G/HSPA networks. And from the public mobile's coverage map, it looks like US is only covered with 4G/3G. I was just wondering if this means that I will not get any data still?

I've also tried looking for e-sims, but unfortunately my phone is not compatible.

4 REPLIES 4

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If your phone is connecting to Verizon when you’re in the US, connect manually to T-Mobile or AT&T which are Public Mobile’s only roaming partners. And as has been mentioned earlier, change your settings from 5G to LTE/4G.

@JinRo , you should be good to go.  Enjoy your vacation.  BTW, use 4G/LTE for the network setting.  AT&T does not allow Public Mobile customers on their 5G network. 

JinRo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Samsung A53. I think I checked it and supported 5G/LTE/3G/2G

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JinRo , unless you have an extremely old phone, it should have 4G/LTE capability for data.  The biggest issue with losing 3G network in the US is with the calling feature.  Only very current phones on the Public Mobile VoLTE whitelist will work well.  If you mention what phone you are using, the community can confirm it's data capability. 

Need Help? Let's chat.