cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Add On not working?

clairereilly
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

This morning (while still in Canada) I purchased a US add on and I’m now in the US (about 8 hours after purchasing) and my US plan doesn’t seem to be working at all. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, what did you do?

7 REPLIES 7

Hunter03
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had that happen and all I did was fully restart my phone. It needs to reconnect so that it connects to the US providers. Good luck! hopefully it starts working for you. 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

The 2 step process is usually what trips ppl up. What isn't working exactly? 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@clairereilly  what @JK8 posted above is true if you purchased a Roaming DATA option.

But, if you successfully added a Callin/Texting Roaming option to your plan then you should see it listed under the Plan Details in your self serve account, located here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@clairereilly 

Please login to your account to see if you purchased the correct ROAMING Add-on.

If it is correct then rebooting the phone by powering off the phone then back on.

Go to Cellular Data Roaming and select AT&T or T-Mobile to connect.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@clairereilly 

Purchasing an add-on is a 2 step process. You need to add the funds and then go back in and make the purchase.

Edit: You should see your add-on if purchased successfully under My Data & Add-Ons.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you still see the amount in your balance? Do you see the add-ons in your payment history? Are you connected to T-Mobile? Did you get the welcome to the us text?

@clairereilly wrote:

Hi all,

This morning (while still in Canada) I purchased a US add on and I’m now in the US (about 8 hours after purchasing) and my US plan doesn’t seem to be working at all. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, what did you do?

Which add-on did you purchase?  Occasionally, some customers mistakenly purchase a long distance add-on when a roaming add-on is needed instead.

Need Help? Let's chat.