cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Add-On not working

greg1983
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've purchased US data call text add-on ($22.60) November 25, 2022 for Black Friday shopping in Buffalo.

The add-on did not work. I've visited T-Mobile store to get help because the connection problem was showing T-Mobile. I've told the manager that I've purchased the same add-on  last year at Black Friday time and the add-on worked great in 2021. The manager told me that the towers were upgraded to 5G and that's why mine cell phone was connecting and disconnecting constantly. My friend had to activate roaming on their cell phone so we can use navigation. 

3 REPLIES 3

greg1983
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I filled out the ticket over half an hour ago, I'm waiting for something to happen. I don't see envelope icon in top right hand corner, is that normal?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@greg1983   I doubt tower upgrade caused the prolem, as long as T-Mobile still have LTE/4G there

Data and text are on LTE/4G so it should not relatively easy to connect, voice is a different story

But, don't get too upset, if you are back in Canada now, open ticket with PM and they usually will reverse the transaction without much push back

If you are still in US, enjoy your time there, buy a local data sim card and use it there instead of trying to roam

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@greg1983 

If the add on is not working for you contact an agent and ask for a credit to your account. It will be easier than asking for a refund.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.