cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT Autopay didn't come out, both phones suspended

Lyndsay
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We have been with Public Mobile for 8 months.
Our only concern was seeing posts from people about auto-pay not working.
This happened to us today, two accounts.
I submitted a ticket but I cannot wait 48 hours for help, we need our phones NOW for medical appointments today.

20 REPLIES 20

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@aaronjo wrote:

That is a great work around.  However, the question is how do I recoup the missed reward on my last payment?

@aaronjo hi to recoup any missing rewards contact the moderators ask Simon the robot  here to speak to a human this will help to generate a ticket mention  missing rewards   check envelope top right for a response they usually reply between 2-48 hours

aaronjo

That is a great work around.  However, the question is how do I recoup the missed reward on my last payment?

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Lyndsay wrote:

I submitted a ticket but I cannot wait 48 hours for help, we need our phones NOW for medical appointments today.

For headache relief......try this. 

Prepay your account and keep auto-pay in place.

Try this hybrid customer developed auto-pay system. It works!

For your future use and thought. Since we all depend on our mobile devices we need to have reliable service so here is a method to insure yourself to avoid the insufficient funds situation. 

Manually pay 30 days ahead. Leave auto pay in place (just in case) as that alone gives you $2 off and if it is NOT used you will still get the $2 off. Then when you receive your text that your account has been paid, that then becomes your reminder to prepay again. Depending on the accumulation of any earned (vs expected) credits you may occasionally downward adjust the amount you prepay. Do a screen print of your text and treat it like a bill to pay. 

PS. This would also ensure that if you had to wait for a voucher to be valid that anxiety won’t set in as you will have time to wait it out before your next 30 day term payment is due.

Copyright 2020

@aaronjo wrote:

I had the same issue with my Autopsy reward not being applied to my payment.

So just what does one have to do, to receive an AUTOPSY  reward?

@Lyndsay wrote:

So pay manually and risk auto pay to still come out, paying for two accounts twice?

Will I keep my rewards I have earned, even though they suspended me at their fault?

No. PM pulls your payment from your balance first which will also hold your reward balances THEN will go to auto-pay if your balance is insufficient. 

aaronjo

I had updated my credit card information recently (last payment) but it was showing the $2 autopsy reward but was not showing it of the final bill.  I just thought this would get applied at payment but it didn't?

Did I need to click autopay again somewhere?

@aaronjo wrote:

As long as you have a valid credit card or Visa debit set to Autopay...you get that Autopay Reward.

If your cc is expired and Autopay fails...then you won't get that Reward until you get updated credit card.

aaronjo

rossthompson64
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It happened to me as well. I had to pay through the website.

@Lyndsay wrote:

So pay manually and risk auto pay to still come out, paying for two accounts twice?

@Lyndsay  If your phones are not working then you need to try and re-activate your plans by making a manual payment. Even if your were to make a manual payment the amount will get added to your account funds and will be used for your plan renewal so you will not get double charged.

Will I keep my rewards I have earned, even though they suspended me at their fault?

You will not lose your rewards.

@Lyndsay wrote:

Then i would be manually paying and auto pay may still come out?

@Lyndsay  No, that will not happen because Auto-Pay only tries once and if it fails your account gets suspended.

That's what I have read from others. I don't want to pay for two accounts twice today.

😞

No need to worry because you will not get double charged.

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Let us know if you got it fixed or not with doing the suggestions @Lyndsay .

Autopay  does fail, its not perfect. To prevent this from happening again, here is what I do. You will get a text about 3 days before your month is up stating you will need to make a payment or have auto pay do it for you. When I get that text, before I retire for the nite, I either go to my selfserve account and manually add the funds due for the next month into your account or I call 611 and do it from there. I find that 611 is the fastest way, less then 1 min and your done.. You still get your CC reward because you CC is still on file. This same thing happen to my buddy on his very first autopay, and it failed. I warned him it could happen and it did.

@Lyndsay 

Autopay only executes once, if it fails you will need to reactivate your account, don't forget to restart the phone after, as it happens just couple of hours after midnight and will not happen again until 30 days after activation

You will still need to contact moderators so that it doesn't happen again

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can make a payment using recharge.com it ding.com but there is a service charge. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/voucher-payment-options   If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right corner.

@Lyndsay  are your services working properly?  If they are the normal PM renewal process is expired, then suspended, payment comes out at 2am est (on the self service account date) then the plan resets for the next 30 day cycle at 6am est. Once your phone is working properly ignore the mesage, leave your account alone. Just check for you 611 payment thankyou text message around 12.03pm est. tomorrow.
Renewal process screenshots https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/If-I-have-a-credit-35-00-does...

@Lyndsay wrote:

That's what I have read from others. I don't want to pay for two accounts twice today. 😞

Occasionally Autopay fails. If your account was set to renew but failed...try dialing 611 to get it going again. Then deal with moderators over the autopay problems.

EDIT...are your phones feature working right now ?

Lyndsay

Lyndsay

That's what I have read from others. I don't want to pay for two accounts twice today. 😞

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Lyndsay 

If your services aren't working properly and your account is suspended. You may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or Using 611 to make your payment: ( you need your 4 digit pin to buy an add on)
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Lyndsay wrote:

You can add payment by dialing 611. See if that works.

Need Help? Let's chat.